• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking into BDCP

SConner

I have completed my Associates Degree in Communications and I am switching schools to finish my Bachelors in Communications. I finished my Associates degree with a 3.11 GPA, and I am prepared to take the ASTB. I take it on April 27. I have take several practice test in different books and have only missed on average 4-5 questions at the most in any section. Based on that info alone what are my chances in possibly getting accepted into the BDCP program with Supply? Any advice anyone has would be great.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
No one can really tell you your chances, you just have to give it your best and apply. It's a tough program to get into, but you have decent GPA and sounds like you should do well on the ASTB. Just be sure to use scented paper when you submit your package, I hear the board likes that ;)

Lobster

Look around the form at other guys stats and scores and look into the monthly board threads, that will give you a better idea of what they guys that are getting selected have and how competitive you are.

m26

Contributor
Normally, I say put together the best package you possibly can, just apply and let the chips fall where they may. If you don't get it, improve and try again.

However,

Due to your degree, I would suggest you consider doing ONE semester of university before you submit your application. According to this (rather old) information, you may be less competitive without a measure of your ability to make grades at your degree-granting institution. Of course, if you get lousy grades at university, you'd be in trouble.

That said, talk to a recruiter. S/he will be able to help you make the best determination of when you should apply.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Echo everyones comments here.

If you want an idea of how good your chances are, you have too look at the entire package (the boards do) and look at your competition. If they have 20 slots open and 25 all-stars, 5 all-stars take the bench.

Whats your criminal history (tickets) look like?
Volunteer work?
Physical status?
Letters od recommendation (LORs)?
What are you applying for in BDCP and do you have any experience?
Work experience?

Good luck, and this is comming from a BDCPer who is majoring in HCOM after transferring from a Community College.