• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for Officers to do Officer interviews

ernie.cantu01

Hello, I'm STG3 Cantu from LCS 25 (Pre-com) stationed out of Mayport Florida.
I'm currently in the process of applying to OCS for SWO & AMDO, and the bump I'm in, is getting interviews with Officers, specifically O-6 & above. It is the only item I'm missing before I can route my package. My command officers are busy with crew certifications and moving aboard, and the ship I was TAD for over six months are beginning their yard period. I was advice by my officer mentor to come to this page with the hopes of finding Officers free to conduct these interviews. I can send my OCS package if you'll like to review it.

Jacksa71

Recommend to start asking friends from other ships or squadrons in seeing if their officers will help out. I receive two 06 interview from my buddy (enlisted). All his old COs made captain. All he did was message to see if there were willing and after they agreed, I emailed them myself to set an appointment over the phone.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I find it hard to believe that every single officer in your chain of command, including the CO, is not willing to help you with this.

Also, last I checked, O-6s isn’t a requirement for Fleet OCS applications, including SWO. The entire wardroom can probably do an interview with you.

ernie.cantu01

I find it hard to believe that every single officer in your chain of command, including the CO, is not willing to help you with this.

Also, last I checked, O-6s isn’t a requirement for Fleet OCS applications, including SWO. The entire wardroom can probably do an interview with you.
Is not them willing to help, they have for example I have my CO endorsement, its just the schedule has ramped up and conducting an officer interview is most likely the last thing in their mind. So the best option is to find shore command officers who are not that busy. I was advised an O-6 looks good and increases my chance in being picked up.

Jacksa71

O6 does look good, however not required. If I didn’t get the 06s for mine, I will be just as satisfied with an O4 or higher. I’ll be happy with a LT interviewer as long as I got one 04 and higher in my package.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Is not them willing to help, they have for example I have my CO endorsement, its just the schedule has ramped up and conducting an officer interview is most likely the last thing in their mind. So the best option is to find shore command officers who are not that busy. I was advised an O-6 looks good and increases my chance in being picked up.
This is complete and utter Bullshit. Not on your behalf, but the leadership that is supposed to be supporting you. Officer interviews are supposed to be from those that have led you, mentored you, inspired you. I was a Mustang Officer for 22 years. There was little, other than preparing for global, thermo-nuclear war, that would get in the way of helping one of MY Sailors get to the next level of their career. Now, granted, I don't know you or your reputation, or your potential to be a Naval Officer, but the excuse of "I'm too busy moving aboard is bullshit." Push harder . . . .

#endofrant

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You never answered my two questions:

1. Did you ACTUALLY ask your chain of command? Assuming they'll say no is NOT the same as actually asking for help. I find it hard to believe that your entire chain of command will tell you to pack sand, regardless of what the OPTEMPO will be. The answer might be "hey not today, how about tomorrow / later today" which is still way better than a "no".

2. You never answered why you need two O-6s. It's not a requirement and once again, your Wardroom in your command can probably knock all of these out.

You need to learn how to use your resources, that's almost Wardroom/DIVO 101 right there. If I was a random senior officer (not in your chain of command) and you approached me to do an interview, my first question would be "where is your chain of command in all of this?" Responding with "well, I don't think my command would support me" is going to raise a ton of red flags and possibly your CO getting "asked" why isn't he helping out his / her sailor.

This is complete and utter Bullshit. Not on your behalf, but the leadership that is supposed to be supporting you. Officer interviews are supposed to be from those that have led you, mentored you, inspired you. I was a Mustang Officer for 22 years. There was little, other than preparing for global, thermo-nuclear war, that would get in the way of helping one of MY Sailors get to the next level of their career. Now, granted, I don't know you or your reputation, or your potential to be a Naval Officer, but the excuse of "I'm too busy moving aboard is bullshit." Push harder . . . .

#endofrant

See my response above, I don't think OP is painting a full picture here.

exNavyOffRec

I would look at the ISPP option to see if you qualify to go that route for SWO as it is much easier to go ISPP. I would look at who has and has not been picked up for AMDO, it is highly unlikely to get picked up AMDO unless you are in an aviation community and have that background.

Officers interviews from senior officers won't help you get picked up, your professional background will do that. I have seen many who go above and beyond to get senior officer/flag interviews and they didn't get selected, mainly because they had a poor GPA.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
+1 on asking your leadership. It's their job to point you in the right direction, not brush you off on someone in another command. Officer interviews really shouldn't take that long.

I cannot tell you the number of times, during a busy workup or deployment cycle, a sailor would come into the RR and ask for help with a STA21 package, or an officer recommendation for XYZ program.

We always dropped everything we could to help them. I would have been mortified to learn one of our sailors didn't ask because they thought we were too busy as a command to help them out.

Super2431

SuperNavygirl !!!
Hello, I'm STG3 Cantu from LCS 25 (Pre-com) stationed out of Mayport Florida.
I'm currently in the process of applying to OCS for SWO & AMDO, and the bump I'm in, is getting interviews with Officers, specifically O-6 & above. It is the only item I'm missing before I can route my package. My command officers are busy with crew certifications and moving aboard, and the ship I was TAD for over six months are beginning their yard period. I was advice by my officer mentor to come to this page with the hopes of finding Officers free to conduct these interviews. I can send my OCS package if you'll like to review it.
Hey you still need interviews ?