• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for insight

littlemo130

I just graduated college with a degree in Education (GPA 3.53). I'm looking into aviation, surface warfare, and intelligence (yes not doing anything comparable to my degree). I'm also an Eagle Scout (don't know if that helps?)

What I'm wondering is what kind of ASTB scores do I need to be competitive? Considering those three fields what do I need to do for each of them?

Thanks!
-Confused newcomer.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
shoot for all 9's and an 80, and you won't go wrong.

But really, search around the site. There's a thread called "stats and scores" that others have posted their results. Also, your major doesn't matter. Like others will tell you, it's your "whole package" that they will look at it.

I don't know much about surface warfare, but Intel has been EXTREMELY selective in the past few boards. As far as aviation is concerned, people on this board who applied in June with a gpa comparable to yours, seemed to get selected with 5's and over 50 on their OAR.

But what do I know. You have to take the test and apply to find out for yourself. There's plenty of gouge on here for the ASTB. Get to studying! And good luck.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
I spoke to an officer recruiter the other day about the scores and was told that 5's are the lowest you need for aviation and higher is definitely sought after.

Good job on being an Eagle Scout. That will absolutely help. Part of the "whole package" deal the previous poster was talking about.

Intel would be fun, and SWO is pretty cool too. But personally I don't think anything beats flying.