• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for advice/mentors

akajjred

Hey I'm just starting my junior year in high school. I want to become a military aviator. I plan on applying to both the air force and naval academies, as well as both AF and Navy ROTC. I'm just looking for some people to talk to who have been through any of these programs. If you could just post or pm your e-mail to me that would be great. I'm looking for as much advice and opinions as possible. Thanks in advance.

IRfly

None
Starting your junior year of high school? Just keep doing the standard stuff: good grades, involvment in extracurriculars, community participation. As far as getting a recommendation from your congressman, how many times have you emailed them? I would say to go down to the nearest local office in person. A good friend of mine is a congressional staffer, and his office is always eager to help (because they spend the rest of their time surfing the web, etc.)--so I'll assume that's the norm for someone who faces reelection every two years. Good luck.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
feel free to PM me with any questions. I did NROTC and went through the app process to the other 3.