• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a prior enlisted officer at Lemoore

FlyingGator

Hello everybody,

I made a friend who's doing AVO warrant with me, and he's currently enlisted stationed at Lemoore. His command doesn't seem willing to help him with his package (which is due in 20 days). This resulted to him having to do spend way too much time trying to find the resources he needs to submit. He has a Mustang pilot at his squadron, but from what he's told me the pilot won't help people because its an extra amount of effort. He could really use some help trying to find out where he needs to go for certain things and potentially getting a mentor to learn about the OCS process for enlisted applicants.

Is anyone on here stationed on Lemoore that could potentially help him, or know where he could go to get assistance?

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@wink is right here. If the sailor is qualified and able to apply, I don’t think the command would not support the request.

It’s possible there are details either the OP or the OP’s “friend” is omitting here.

Similarly, why does it have to be a prior enlisted officer? Regular pilots including those who went through OCS can help here..,

FlyingGator

Hmm, I’ve known them for a couple months. They seem pretty squared away. The guy he was talking about he said was known as the dick of the command. He’s an AEAN so an E-3 for 3 years. Maybe they want him to make 3rd class or something, idk.

Shheen

I think Wink and Guru are onto something. I am active duty and applying for SNA/NFO and every single O I’ve had conversations with has offered support in some sort of fashion. This extends to multiple individuals within my command regardless of the designator they are applying for, however, we do have one bad apple that the package was not endorsed and it was for good reason.

While this may not be the case, it is very possible and might need some additional probing on your end before you stick your neck out for them.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Highly unusual that a "Mustang Officer" will not help an enlisted person make an officer application. Just how well do you know the guy? Maybe they have a reason to be throwing up road blocks.
Unfortunate that a prior would be like that. Plenty of d*cks out in the fleet, from all commissioning sources.

Reactions: IKE

exNavyOffRec

Hmm, I’ve known them for a couple months. They seem pretty squared away. The guy he was talking about he said was known as the dick of the command. He’s an AEAN so an E-3 for 3 years. Maybe they want him to make 3rd class or something, idk.
There might be something else going on like has been mentioned, E-1 to E-3 should take less than 2 years, so he has probably taken the E-4 exam 3 times? Not sure what the promotion rate is to AE3 now but I would think he would have made it by now.

I think you have 1 piece of a 100 piece puzzle.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Unfortunate that a prior would be like that. Plenty of d*cks out in the fleet, from all commissioning sources.

I mean they do certainly exist, but an entire command not being willing to support a Sailor's package? There's something else going on there I'd have to guess.

FlyingGator

I mean they do certainly exist, but an entire command not being willing to support a Sailor's package? There's something else going on there I'd have to guess.
Lemme reword what I said. There is one prior enlisted pilot at the squadron. He is usually the one who mentors people but over the years has become kind of a dick from what I can see. I think his overall command is supportive, it’s just this one guy who’s supposed to mentor him is a douche sometimes.

Now, that’s just what I can piece together from what he’s said. After reading everyone’s comments, it does feel like there is something I’m not being told.