• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking At Your Medical Records?

willywonk

Hello guys, I have an important question. I am applying for the marines for an aviation slot and I have a question about MEPS. Can't, or do, they look back at all your medical history? Can't they just somehow get all of your medical records by request. Lets say I don't put down my thumb surgery when I was 15 years old (because I do not want to go through the hassle of waivers). Will they ever go back into my medical history and find out that I did not put this on my application. I am concerned that I will pass the initial flight physical and then when I get my second physical they will go back in my records and find out. Thanks this is very helpful

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I would advise against willingly leaving major medical procedures out. If you got sick pretty bad and were never treated but healed up ok, then thats a different story. Something like surgery I wouldnt leave out.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
If I may be so bold:

883. ART. 83. FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT, APPOINTMENT, OR SEPARATION

Any person who--

(1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his qualifications for the enlistment or appointment and receives pay or allowances thereunder; or

(2) procures his own separation from the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his eligibility for that separation;

shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Integrity aside, to answer your actual question, while they have the right and ability to go through your medical past...

they don't...

but like previous posters have said, why give them a chance to nail your balls to a tree over something stupid like "thumb surgery" or "chronic masturbation therapy"...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Did you go to rehab?:D

No, I ended up on that damned "Intervention" show...thought they were doing a documentary and then, bam, there was my whole family...next thing I know I was tranquilized on a plane to Florida...

Didn't do me much good...

Brunes

pilot
Wanting to avoid hassle of waivers is not a good reason to compromise your integrity....and neglecting to mention a medical procedure is tantamount to lying.

Should "they" ever find out- You can be hit with the Fraudulent Enlistment (as mentioned before). Worse- should your past ever came back to haunt you (like you thumb fell off or had some other injury while flying) and people or equipment gets damaged...You'll be in hotter hot water.

Good luck deciding what the right path for you is.

PS- To put some more perspective on it...I was born with a cleft lip and palate ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_palate ) and I got into the service with little to no problems.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
No, I ended up on that damned "Intervention" show...thought they were doing a documentary and then, bam, there was my whole family...next thing I know I was tranquilized on a plane to Florida...

Didn't do me much good...
Sounds like a sticky situation ...