• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Long Wait for MEPS Prescreen?

Waffle008

Hello All,

I'd like some insight or suggestions in regards to getting past the MEPS prescreen phase of my application which has gone on for almost a year.

First I'd just like to give a little insight to my situation. I am a recent college graduate applying for a Navy CEC DCO board in June. I have no prior service and no criminal record or run ins with the law of any kind expect a speeding ticket (less than 15mph over). I met with my recruiter almost a year ago last spring of 2016. We got some of the basic application things done right away and then I worked to gather my medical documents including medical record, vaccinations and visit summaries to MEPS. I submitted the documents to my recruiter last spring around May. I have two issues that we knew would come under their review.

1. Hypothyroidism (Corrected with medication)
2. Shoulder impingement ( about 2 years ago, This issue is resolved and I experience no symptoms)

A little over a month after submitting everything I had, I heard back. I needed to get a letter from my doctor to waive the hypothyroidism and state that it was my only long standing condition. My recruiter had me draft the statement for the doctor to sign. I submitted this back to my recruiter then I waited. I got another call from my recruiter a month or two later asking for the same thing. I mentioned I already submitted it and then I sent it again. I checked in via text maybe every other week to see if there was any progress then several months later my recruiter gets back to me saying that they want imagery of my shoulder. I promptly go get X-Rays and get the images to my recruiter at the beginning of this year. They are apparently still under review. I check in weekly and my recruiter responds with "Stand by" or "my person is working the documents". He has said it would be done in two weeks several times then that passes. There seems to be no timeline.

What my question boils down too, is it normal for the meps prescreen process to take this long or is something going on with my recruiter? This has been going on almost a year now and there seems to be no end in sight. I have not had any MEPS physical yet. My recruiter has held off on doing the required interviews for my kit to wait on MEPS. I feel like after a year of working on my application we are nowhere. The selection board we are shooting for is in June. At this rate, I don't see us making it. I voiced this concern to my recruiter and he said we are still good on time. I am usually the only one reaching out he never reaches out to me. I understand that being a recruiter can be a difficult job and there can be a lot to juggle, and it's understandable that some of the application material was requested again. We all misplace emails etc. When I do reach out he is responsive. But this whole MEPS prescreen process has taken almost a year and I don't even have that thick of a medical record. Does it really take two months to review four X-Ray shots?

What do you guys think?
Is this normal or something going on with my recruiter? Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

exNavyOffRec

So I see many issues here, to start with MEPS is only asking for info to see if qualify to be seen by MEPS, you still have to get cleared by N3M, the problem with that is current or history of hypothyroidism is disqualifying, I have never seen a person with a history of thyroid issues get cleared.

MEPS could be taking their time because you are a low priority, your recruiter could be doing the same since he knows the issues you have.

The other big one is you are applying for CEC DCO, do you have years of CEC experience and a PE? DCO programs looks for those with YEARS of experience in the field they are applying to.

Sorry to tell you the bad news but you need to hear the real deal.