• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Logged in Flight Hours as a Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenAzali

On average how many flight hours can a pilot log in an average month in the Navy? I heard that Navy Pilots don't even get to fly that much. Is this true?

Mahler

So what community gets the most flight hours??? My first guess would be E-2's considering they're endurance. When I was at ACES we had a Prowler NFO give us a lecture and he said the community is very busy with the demise of the F-111. What about those helo drivers??? Do they get some decent flying time???

James

Mahler

Mari,

In the Helo community, what are the chances of being assigned to an HS and being assigned to a carrier as opposed to an HSL or HC and being deployed on a smaller ship? Are most of the slots Seahawks now? How much PIC time do you generally get? That goes for any multi-pilot aircraft - E-2's, P-3's... etc.

So how are you liking helo flying so far??? I remember this summer when I tried to hover a helicopter for the first time. It was a very humbling experience. I actually held it in a hover for about 15 seconds one time.

James

kraused

Mari,
Just curious about what rough percent of student pilots in the helicopter pieline get selected for the Seahawk. Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to transition to the Coast Guard to fly the Jayhawk or Dolphin. Would you still need to fulfill your obligation with the Navy or could you transition half way or at the beginning of the commitment? Thanks in advance for your response!

Dan

Mahler

Mari,

I checked out your website and saw some pretty interesting things. I grew up in Concord, CA (just outside San Francisco), so I can relate to your comment about nice weather. I even did my flight training at Buchanan Airport in Concord. I also attended Los Medanos College there where I majored in Trumpet Performance. I was supposed to go back east to Eastman, New England or Manhattan with a full ride, but I gave it up to study aircraft - my first passion. I dissapointed a lot of people with that decision. Do you still play at all??? We'll have to get together and read some charts down.

On that note, for all you who think pulling G's is hard, try playing lead trumpet in a big band for a three hour gig. The air pressure in your lungs when hitting "double G's" to "double C's" can perforate the lungs of an untrained individual. The pressure can also cause you to black out - which I've done more times than I can remember. Whenever I come off a gig, I feel like I just ran a marathon and usually have a pretty big headache.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.