• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Living in Corpus

dax_mac

I just graduated primary in Milton and i'm wondering where some good place to live in Corpus might be. it will me and my girlfriend so we really only need a two bedroom that allows pets. also just want to know what are the better areas to live in (close to base, close to downtown????) thanks

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
dude, i loved the location of my apt.. i lived in sawgrass, which are pretty nice and have a great pool and hot tub. and chandler's mill apts are right across the street and i heard they were even a little nicer (or newer which is kinda one in the same..) anyways... real close to base, like 15 minutes from parking lot to parking lot, right on the edge of an older subdivision neighborhood which is great to go on runs thru, has a huge open park like right there that was great for my dog... about two minutes from the mall and all the best restaurants, three minutes the other direction from the main movie theater.. and the best part... very short drunken walking distance from murdock's which is the best bar in town. everyone hangs out there or ends up there, from college girls, to local-types to military geekies...

also, i strongly recommend not living on the island.. nothing out there.

chazmurr

I disagree with the comment that there is nothing out on the Island. I suppose it depends on what you have in mind. If you like the beach and bakin' in the sun, there are plenty of things to do out on the island. And last I knew the SPID was an easy quick way of getting back to the "mainland" to experience the nightlife. Life near the beach suits some more than others. Plus, there are some nice houses out there, that when you room up with others, you can get a pretty good deal on. Check it out!

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
you talk about living on the island like your right on the beach out there... you still have to drive to the beach just like everyone else. takes you five minutes, takes me like twenty-five.. and you talk about taking spid into town at night? if you want to go downtown, which is about the only place to go other than murdock's, what does it take you? like forty minutes? not the kind of drive i'd like to make after getting $hitty...

anyways, what's on the island? name one thing other than a nasty, oily beach. and don't say farrah's either where it's student pilot night every night.. not that there's anything wrong with that, but after sitting around the ready room all day, another dorky student naval aviator is the last thing i want to see... know what i mean?

polynikes

Studs/IPs moving to Corpus Christi

I'm trying to find some new tennats for my townhouse on Padre Island. Its 3BR 2.5BA 1GA, 1600sf with a pool, deck and patio. Its 800' from the beach (gulf side) and 10 min to NAS Corpus. Only 1.5 yrs old and great place for three studs in Primary or Intermediate Props. For those familiar with the area, Padre Island is the best place to live in Corpus. There are usually a few SNAs living in the complex. Rent $1400 a mo. (BAH is soemthing like $690). I'm a Stud myself so I'm pretty flexible with the lease terms. Just fire off a reply if anyone is interested.

Agent00JP

Hey Poly, what about the married guys? What are some of the better places to rent? Thanks for any info you have.

JP

Agent00JP

Areas to Live in Corpus?

We are moving to Corpus soon and would appreciate any information anyone has on good places to live and places to avoid. We are hoping to find a house, so neighborhoods, zip codes, or just areas relative to the base would help. Thanks.

Fatboy

pilot
Have you ever seen Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome? .... welcome to Bartertown. Here in Bartertown they give the weather, surf, jellyfish and tar report all at once! I still haven't found the thunderdome yet though. I'll let someone with a better attitude try to answer this first.

polynikes

Well, this place would be a little steep for a married couple but I can tell you what I know. It all depends if you want to live on Padre Island or not. The draw to not live on the Island is that you are farther away from the bars, restaurants, etc. and even further from downtown corpus (about 20-30 min). There is a complex called Baypoint, which is like 10 min. from the base but from what I hear is pretty pricey. In my opinion most of the mainland pretty much sucks anyways, so I am partial to living by the beach. The island is cool because there is much less crime (break-ins,etc.), less crowded and of course the beach, where you can surf, kiteboard, or fish. On the island there are a lot of condos, duplexs, and apartments with a good range of prices. The Rental Management Company is one of about five apartment finding services on the Island (800) 365-7077. To find the others, just check the internet. Personally, I think living on the Island is by far the best choice and I'm sure you can find a good reasonable place for a couple. Hope this helps.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
alright back to the issue at hand instead of this thunderdome stuff... flour bluff is a neighborhood area that is really close to the base. also around where i live on Airline, around Cimarron road there is a real nice neighborhood there. I go running around there and it would be a place that i'd love to buy a house in. I love Texas since I'm from here but what i think Fatboy is getting at is that he doesnt like it. Thats just too bad. As for living on the island if you like the beach then go for it. Its a long drive back from the island especially since there is construction going on and the bridge is now just one lane.

vballindaytona

not too bad though, i can still go from the apartments on the island to base in ten min. i have never seen the construction really slow anybody down, except on a holiday weekend when EVERYBODY is coming out here. Couple of nice apartments, Beach club (island)....Arbors at Saratoga, Baypoint, for all of yall just coming out to Corpus and need a few places to check out. all are withing 15 min of base i believe.

jonathan

Agent00JP

Thanks for the gouge...

We have narrowed stuff down to a few apartment complexes (decided not to mess with a mortgage) and I just wanted to run them by y'all. Let me know any gouge (good or bad, but especially bad) you have heard about these:

Ocean Drive Estates (out the front gate)
Sky Harbor Apts (S.P.I.D.)
Christiwood Apts (Airline)
Candlewood Apts (Airline)

Any news is appreciated! Thanks again.

JP