• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Life of a Crypto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangl

I've been reading about crypto a lot, but I still feel that I don't quite understand what exactly a Crypto Officer does? What's a day like in the shoes of these guys? On my application I have crypto selected third, because Im just not quite sure what they do. As compared to an Intel Officer what are the major differences? Any help on this?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
The guys on the USS Pueblo, captured by Nkorea Feb 1968 were crypto guys.

USS Liberty attached by Israeliis in 1967 manned by crypto guys.

EP3 forced to land Hainan Island, China early 2001 were crypto.

Read "Blind Mans Bluff" for some accurate /insight/sidelights/.

Crypto guys ""belong"" to Naval Security Group, i understand, third hand, that the size of Naval Security Group is shrinking, rather smartly, and would think that would affect slots.

HQs of NavalSecurityGroup is colocated with National Security Agency (NSA) Ft. Meade Maryland. Many work with/for NSA.

Archangl

Ok cool. Yeah I read those. Im having a difficult time deciding which route to go, Intel or Crypto. Seems to me that you do more intel stuff if you choose Crypto. Are you guys in Crypto? I was hoping to get some day to day insight, declassified that is, from someone who is doing it. Thanks for the replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.