• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberty & Timeline Question

cfusco

I'm reporting Jun 6th for quarantine and my class starts June 20th. What does the timeline for OCS really look like? When would liberty start for a Fiance to come visit?

Meyerkord

pilot
I'm reporting Jun 6th for quarantine and my class starts June 20th. What does the timeline for OCS really look like? When would liberty start for a Fiance to come visit?
Don’t expect liberty until candio phase, which is basically the final 3 weeks. Even then, liberty is at the discretion of your class team and there’s no reliable schedule for when you’ll have it. Unless your fiancé lives within a couple hours of Newport and can change plans on short notice, it’s probably best to just have them visit for graduation. This info is also pre-COVID, so the visitor rules may have changed

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don’t expect liberty until candio phase, which is basically the final 3 weeks. Even then, liberty is at the discretion of your class team and there’s no reliable schedule for when you’ll have it. Unless your fiancé lives within a couple hours of Newport and can change plans on short notice, it’s probably best to just have them visit for graduation. This info is also pre-COVID, so the visitor rules may have changed
Wait a minute. You mean, pre COVID, you did not get to go into town for liberty until those final couple weeks of Candio? Even in the hard ass days of AOCS you got to an opportunity to go into town after outposting. Just ask @mad dog . He saw all his classmates go into town while he marched around the sea wall with his trusty M1.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator

Off-base liberty is currently secured at OCS due to COVID, and visitors who do not work on base are not allowed.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wait a minute. You mean, pre COVID, you did not get to go into town for liberty until those final couple weeks of Candio? Even in the hard ass days of AOCS you got to an opportunity to go into town after outposting. Just ask @mad dog . He saw all his classmates go into town while he marched around the sea wall with his trusty M1.
Also...I was assigned to buffer duty...either as the almighty buffer driver or as the almighty cord maggot.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
COVID not withstanding, I think the implication was that liberty is unpredictable prior to Candy phase, so tough to schedule In advance.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Off-base liberty is currently secured at OCS due to COVID, and visitors who do not work on base are not allowed.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Not how I read it re info "pre covid".

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Also...I was assigned to buffer duty...either as the almighty buffer driver or as the almighty cord maggot.
I’ll bet @mad dog got caught riding the buffer around the halls and ended up marching off demerits as well as cord duty!

NavyplusArmy

How long after the board convened did you receive your selection letter? What happens during quarantine?