• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Letters of Recommendation (E-9) ??

SupplyKuch

Hello everyone, putting together my letters of rec for the February Supply board...was wondering if I should request one from a close family friend who is a retired E-9...Is this a good idea or even acceptable for my package?

exNavyOffRec

If they need to get to the point of reading the LOR's you want them from people that have seen you perform, lead people, manage things, etc...... a family friend is pretty useless as a LOR as it is expected to be glowing.

BSchudel

If they need to get to the point of reading the LOR's you want them from people that have seen you perform, lead people, manage things, etc...... a family friend is pretty useless as a LOR as it is expected to be glowing.
Concur. The Supply board uses a “whole person” concept when evaluating applicants so all of the LORs are read. Letters from employers, college professors, special activity leaders like coaches and club presidents offer insight into leadership abilities, character, and motivation to succeed.

exNavyOffRec

Concur. The Supply board uses a “whole person” concept when evaluating applicants so all of the LORs are read. Letters from employers, college professors, special activity leaders like coaches and club presidents offer insight into leadership abilities, character, and motivation to succeed.
Supply board is basically the polar opposite of aviation lol, of course I can't tell you how many very well rounded candidates that were never picked up because their GPA was to low to be really considered.