• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Letter to Sen McCain RE CBRN use in Syria

Renegade One

None
WSJ posted this a few hours ago. Assume it's open domain and uncles:...That "red line" may have been passed.
Probably just cranky old me, but I'd think it more appropriate if all references to "the Obama Administration" in such correspondence could be globally replaced with either "the White House" or "the President" or something like that. The personalization just hits me the wrong way…not that there's anything wrong with that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am not sure we want to start shooting on a 'maybe'.
Not that that's stopped us before. :D

@R1: Why do you say that? Are you suggesting that parts of the administration are seeing the issue in another manner?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Probably just cranky old me, but I'd think it more appropriate if all references to "the Obama Administration" in such correspondence could be globally replaced with either "the White House" or "the President" or something like that. The personalization just hits me the wrong way…not that there's anything wrong with that.

Never in American history have the words "I" and "my" been used more by an incumbent president than by our current leader. Self-centeredness aside, if he wants all the glory, he will also get all the blame from future historians if things don't work out as he hopes. Unlike Mav, so far it ain't looking too good. Just sayin' . . .

Renegade One

None
Never in American history have the words "I" and "my" been used more by an incumbent president than by our current leader. Self-centeredness aside, if he wants all the glory, he will also get all the blame from future historians if things don't work out as he hopes. Unlike Mav, so far it ain't looking too good. Just sayin' . . .
Blame? Ha! That's a good one! Bush 43 still gets all the blame…except when Bush 41 gets a bit…

Anyone building a betting line on where "The Barack Obama Presidential Library" will get built? My money's on "somewhere on the Mall" in DC...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If he didn't use terms like "I" and "my", you'd be complaining that he's not taking responsibility for the actions and policies of "his" administration. Every President has a huge ego - part of the job description. I'm sure there are more substantive things you can think of to legitimately criticize him on... Like policy.

jmcquate

Contributor
If he didn't use terms like "I" and "my", you'd be complaining that he's not taking responsibility for the actions and policies of "his" administration. Every President has a huge ego - part of the job description. I'm sure there are more substantive things you can think of to legitimately criticize him on... Like policy.
I don’t mind the him using “I” and “my”………..my beef is with motorcades shutting down 17th St making my drive home that much shittier.:cool:

Fog

None
Contributor

Brett: If you don't think this president has an uncommon (even among presidents) issue with hubris and pomposity that renders him incapable of working w/ Congress or effectively managing the Executive branch of the federal government, then you might live in a river in Egypt. JMHO.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett: If you don't think this president has an uncommon (even among presidents) issue with hubris and pomposity that renders him incapable of working w/ Congress or effectively managing the Executive branch of the federal government, then you might live in a river in Egypt. JMHO.

Are you sure the word you're looking for isn't "uppity?"

He's black. We get it. Pick an issue of substance and not some Fox News diatribe.

Fog

None
Contributor
Are you sure the word you're looking for isn't "uppity?"

He's black. We get it. Pick an issue of substance and not some Fox News diatribe.

(a) Federal deficit spending, (b) foreign policy, (c) Benghazi, et al., you get the idea. Take a better shot, Marine. Race has nothing to do w/ where our nation is headed, and if you don't know that may Heaven help you.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I find it slightly ridiculous that slaughtering 80k civilians with bullets is kosher but use a chemical agent on one and THAT is crossing the line.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, I just work for a 3 star in the pentagon who spends a lot of time in the White House. I might be slightly more "current" than you are in the various political goings on in the interagency. Like I said, make a policy criticism all you like. Cheap shots are just that.