• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave during early Primary

kdawg

Im gonna be checking in at Whiting on April 10th, but am hoping to take some leave as soon as possible. Does anyone know if they'd likely let me take leave that afternoon after the first indoc stuff, or can I expect to wait a few days before approval? Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Only basing this on what I've seen the last few weeks, but I'd say that once you check in to TW-5, it's game on, and you'll class up pretty quick (as in the next few days). Your milage may vary.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
only chance you might have is if they don't need bodies to put into a squadron right away...once you hit the squadrons though don't expect leave...

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
Marine and Coasties have been classing up right away. Navy guys have around a 3 week wait (unless for some reason you were delayed leaving API because they base it off of your projected API graduation date from what I've seen).
They are pretty cool about you taking leave if you don't class up the day that you check in (I think it might take a day for the paperwork to go through though.) But once you class up and get to your squadron you better have a really good reason for submitting that leave request.