• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leadership Reaction Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Few questions regarding this course at OCS.
1. What type of maneuvers do you have to complete to finish the LRC?
2. Do candidates only run the LRC for SULE I & II?
3. How does it work? Are you grouped up into squads and is someone assigned a leader? Does everyone get a chance to lead through this course?
4. What are the staff looking for in this event? Obviously leadership, but could someone break down what the purpose is to this exercise and what candidates are screened on here?

I ask in total sincerity. I was browsing the OCS website (www.ocs.usmc.mil) and I saw the updated photos, and this course was on there. Seems like there's a lot of "do's and donts" in it. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

farkle84

you get to do LRC once before you do it as a part of SULE II. i am not going to tell you what is in it because its something that you need to do for yourself. but it does involve leadership, listening, communicating, and some physical stuff.

paul121080

Well it is no big surprise what they are. it is a problem that you and your fire team(four candidates) have to solve in a certian time limit. A generic example would be having to get a ammo box over a wall and have all your men over as well while trying to maneuver around certain resptricted areas. But to answer your question, ea-6b1, the instructors are trying to see how you work as a team when you are tired adn pissed off at the world. It is not really important that you complete the problem but more how you control your fire team in the process. I enjoyed the LRC's very much, they are a nice break to the hum-drum rigors of everyday ocs life. Farkle is right though, you will onlyt run it once before SULE II, but this is because they want to see how you do when you are thrown into an unknown situation. As far as the do's and don'ts, hte rules of it are much simpler when you are looking at the problem. Hope this helps you out and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.