• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LCAC Psychometer Standard Score Impact

headhoncho15

Hello all! New on here.

I just took the ASTB and had a LCAC Psychometer Standard Score (LPSS) of 62. My first time taking it, I had a 51. I was wondering if a higher # indicates better or worse, and if there is a target # to be in range of. Also, is this LPSS portion factored into the PFAR or other scoring components? Was hoping to hear what y'all think. Thanks

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all! New on here.

I just took the ASTB and had a LCAC Psychometer Standard Score (LPSS) of 62. My first time taking it, I had a 51. I was wondering if a higher # indicates better or worse, and if there is a target # to be in range of. Also, is this LPSS portion factored into the PFAR or other scoring components? Was hoping to hear what y'all think. Thanks

Have you discussed your scores with your recruiter? That would be a good start.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
So you're as stable as a Landing Craft Air Cushion tester goes?

Maybe ask the Corpsman if you should take the silver bullet test, you might be overheating.

MotorCookie

I was also wondering what that score refers to. I scored a 59 and my recruiter doesn't know what it is.

Can't seem to find any information about it online.

What was your PFAR with a LPSS of 62? With my 59 I have a 6 PFAR but unsure if they are related.

headhoncho15

I was also wondering what that score refers to. I scored a 59 and my recruiter doesn't know what it is.

Can't seem to find any information about it online.

What was your PFAR with a LPSS of 62? With my 59 I have a 6 PFAR but unsure if they are related.
My PFAR was a 7. I got a 6/7/7. Unsure if it’s factored in and I couldn’t find any threads related to it in the search bar.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The Navy and DoD use a few different scoring methods.

If the max is 80, then it's most likely similar to enlisted advancement exams, where 50 is the median, and every 10 points is a standard deviation

If the max is 99, then the score is your percentile (like the overall ASVAB score; individual ASVAB sections are different).

The ASTB is a stanine scale.
1000011509.png

headhoncho15

The Navy and DoD use a few different scoring methods.

If the max is 80, then it's most likely similar to enlisted advancement exams, where 50 is the median, and every 10 points is a standard deviation

If the max is 99, then the score is your percentile (like the overall ASVAB score; individual ASVAB sections are different).

The ASTB is a stanine scale.
View attachment 38429
Thank you for your response. Very helpful.