• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Law Enforcement Officer Communities???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino93

I have been looking high and low for any sign of law enforcement positions in the navy for the officer communities and have not found any. Can anyone help me with this? I am hoping for a slot in the BDCP in 04 or 05 and am searching for a career path.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Primarily an enlisted and warrant O field. There may be some limited positions with Naval Criminal Investigative Service, but nothing resembling a career path.

Phrogs phorever

dino93

thanks, I figured as much. Well I guess it is the intel track for me then. Thanks for the info

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dino:

Something you might want to look at is the Coast Guard. The have a whole section devoted to Law Enforcement. The LEDETs go all over the place... from the Gulf to doing drug ops. We had 3 different LEDETs w/ us on our CrackPac, and they're a tight group. One JG as the officer in charge, a chief, and bunch of petty officers. For the most part, they're a great bunch of guys, and they usually got a long great w/ the Air Det because they were just as fed up w/ the Shoes as we were.
icon_smile.gif

dino93

Yeah I thought about the Coast Guard but I am trying to get the BDCP and eventually get my Law Degree. My ultimate goal for my career is the JAG. So I guess I'll just have to talk with my OSO and figure out a designator that will fit my degree program (Criminal Justice). Thanks for the infor gatordev

turbospider2k

Look into the coasties' CSPI program - functions much like BDCP. I'm hoping to get it myself.

If LE is what you want, then I should seriously think that coastie would be the way to go. All sorts of adventure to be had.

dino93

Hey thanks turbospider2k, is the info on the coast guard website for the cspi program? LE is a goal of mine with later goals of getting my law degree. want to work both sides of the fence so to speak ha ha.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And the beauty of the CG (if it follows your interest, and it sounds like it will) is that you DO work both sides of the law. Not only do you enforce the laws, but a lot of times you are the interpreter as well. Sure, it's not a courtroom, but as a LEDET OIC, I've seen guys have a lot of responsiblity. Pretty cool for an O-2.

So what is out there? Well, for our cruise, we stopped an estimated $140 million worth of dope, seized several tons of "product," and saved and repatriated 157 Ecuadorian refugees. And that doesn't include the cool Navy stuff we did (SAR/Medevac, etc). Anyway, fyi.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn't Gatordevdude, there is way too much "shoe" bashing going on in your posts. I feel I am being discriminated against on this board. Ahhh, and just when you think you know someone!

--Steve

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hehe, you see the sun come up everyday, and you just come to expect it...

Status
Not open for further replies.