• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lateral from USNR Intel Type to TAR/Active NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbayer2

Several questions, folks...

I'm a USNR Intel LDO on Mob for my 2nd year of recall at ONI...looking to get back into flying, in the TAR community eventually. I have a background of 5 years of vocational instruction in Aviation, plus 1200 hours as a P-3 SS3 Aircrewman way back.

1. Anyone out there doing the "In-Service" training routine in a SELRES squadron (VP or VR) vs. going through the pipeline? Has anyone done this?

2. I'm 43 this month, but in good health, other than a slight low thyroid (controlled by meds); would I be considered a "SNFO" for med purposes on an In-Training request?

3. Anyone out there gotten an age waiver as old or older than myself?

4. I'm a former P-3 SS3 with 1200 flight hours as Aircrew. For med purposes is this "previously designated" or do they mean former/current NA/NFO only?

Any and all help is appreciated.

JRB

jrbayer2

Let me clarify my situation a little further.

I am a ENS (01 Jul 02) with continuous active and reserve time that add up to only between 7 and 8 years for an active duty retirement, so I have plenty of time to get my 20 - and 5 years to get selected for the pipeline. I may become a TAR in my field next year to stay active duty and so keep taking my shots at selection.

No one at the Bureau can tell me much about the waiver except "they're granted".

My primary concern is the medical. Any FS's out there or anyone else in a similar situation (see my first post).

Thanks for the patience, guys and gals. After 18 years in the USNR, the learning curve is a little steeper...

Take care,
JRB

Status
Not open for further replies.