• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last ride for the Blues’ legacy Bugs

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
It's been two hours but there's still a traffic jam along the causeway to get off Navarre Beach. Apparently it was a pretty good view down there of one of the big turns along the route.

There's some fan video popping up on the internet and social media and the people on that beach got a good look at the 6-ship +1 formation. This video was taken along the Navarre Bridge, just south of US98, facing mostly southwest:

https://fb.watch/1yWse6-Mmj/

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, whatever. All, what, .5 percent of SELRES aviators who are actually flying gray jets are complaining they're flying the wrong gray jets? #FirstWorldProblems

If they hate it that much, our adversary Karens are always free to come see what the real Reserves looks like . . . NOSC shenanigans and stupidity included.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, whatever. All, what, .5 percent of SELRES aviators who are actually flying gray jets are complaining they're flying the wrong gray jets? #FirstWorldProblems

If they hate it that much, our adversary Karens are always free to come see what the real Reserves looks like . . . NOSC shenanigans and stupidity included.
I mean, I didn’t think having a more capable adversary force could possibly be a bad thing, especially when compared to giving the jets to a demo team. Maybe I’m missing something?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I mean, I didn’t think having a more capable adversary force could possibly be a bad thing, especially when compared to giving the jets to a demo team. Maybe I’m missing something?
I’m sure it could, and I know DoD is pushing to improve that capability. But making memes as a flying reservist on how you missed out on having a cool new ride still has an element of “flexing on the poors” when plenty of 13X5s are consigned to TACRON, CAOCs, and staff duty in perpetuity.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot

I would say that a lot of active duty aviators flying gray jets are complaining that the reserves are flying the wrong gray jets also. The Chuck doesn't cut it anymore for adversary support, and hasn't for awhile. That said, it is kind of cool to see a Rhino done up in the blue paint job.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If the bunos that the Blues get to stock their E/F inventory are anything like the way they've got A/B/C models for years, then I don't think anybody needs to worry about them poaching or cherry picking any cream puffs from operational units. They traditionally get old and almost used up jets that are life-limited (cycles, traps, hours, whatever).

I hate "more with less" but I kinda admire the system they have for getting their airplanes and making economical use of that last few percent of the service life of a lot of old, tired fleet hardware.

SlickAg

pilot
I’m sure it could, and I know DoD is pushing to improve that capability. But making memes as a flying reservist on how you missed out on having a cool new ride still has an element of “flexing on the poors” when plenty of 13X5s are consigned to TACRON, CAOCs, and staff duty in perpetuity.
Plenty of opportunities for those 13X5s to have tried to stay in the cockpit.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Plenty of opportunities for those 13X5s to have tried to stay in the cockpit.
Not when you are a NFO and your squadron disappears and no others are in SELRES to fly. Some pilots get a shot at VR, adversary or whatever. Reserve NFOs are done when their aircraft goes away.

SlickAg

pilot
Not when you are a NFO and your squadron disappears and no others are in SELRES to fly. Some pilots get a shot at VR, adversary or whatever. Reserve NFOs are done when their aircraft goes away.
Yes, when the reserve S-3 and F-14 squadrons went away, but that’s not this. I’m sure that when VAQ-209 transitioned they didn’t simply clean house; same thing at the VAQ-129 SAU. But that’s not what we’re talking about. People can still always make the switch as long as the gaining squadron wants them.