• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last minute PRT Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge

I'm going in on Saturday to do my PRT around noon and I feel that I'm ready, or close to it anyway. I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on last minute preparation, such as get so many hours of sleep, what to eat, how to properly warm-up, etc. I have a pretty detailed stretching routine, but sometimes I still feel "cold" afterwards which destroys my numbers.

Suggestions?

jburnes

...i dont get it...if stretching is "destroying" your numbers, then why are you stretching? stretching a cold muscle isnt the best idea to begin with...a warm up is suppose to get your heart rate elevated so that more blood is flowing to your muscles so that lactic acid isnt being created as quickly...if i were you i'd probably warm up by running for a few minutes until you break a sweat

as for everything else like sleeping and eating...why not just stick to what you normally do...that way your not thinking about anything else when your doing the prt...that's unless you like to sleep until noon and eat twinkies and ice cream for dinner...then you might have some problems...

edge

Hmm, not too sure what I was trying to say there... I'm working on too few hours of sleep at this point. I know stretching a cold muscle is a bad idea, I'm pretty sure I was going for something else there. No telling, this morning seems like a long time ago. Good point on not changing habbits, though.

Oh, and stretching doesn't destroy my numbers... feeling/being cold does. I like the idea of running until you break a sweat, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.