• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Living Original Blue Angel Passes

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Haven't found anything on a 'regular' media site but this was posted on a Blue Angel page on fb:

Al Taddeo's granddaughter, Ani Taddeo, just posted:

It is with a heavy heart and tear-filled eyes that I report the following: The last BA Plank Owner is piloting his Bearcat through the clouds... He passed away last night...

I was so grateful to be able to read him all the wonderful comments and well-wishes, because you shared my post--for that I will be eternally grateful. He deeply appreciated them and was amazed at the impact he had on so many people.

If you would be so kind to find the best picture of a Bearcat in BA colors, he would have been honored to see it. (I showed him the one you used to have as the cover photo, & it made him smile--he then told me of when he went to an air show when he was 90 & they helped him into the cockpit to honor him...)

Sincerest Thanks,
Ani Taddeo

Renegade One

None
Last Living Blue Angel Passes
Sheesh, dude…work on your Thread Title skills. Before I read the post, I thought everyone on the current team was killed in an autograph signing event….

That said…nice. "The Originals" were certainly special within our community…"our" version of the Original 7 Astronauts. I'm sure there are many, many nice renditions of the F-8 Bearcat in Blue livery…here's my quickie fave:
http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/Inv...ges/68RW LARGE Images/68RW Blue-Angel_lrg.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Sheesh, dude…work on your Thread Title skills. Before I read the post, I thought everyone on the current team was killed in an autograph signing event….

That said…nice. "The Originals" were certainly special within our community…"our" version of the Original 7 Astronauts. I'm sure there are many, many nice renditions of the F-8 Bearcat in Blue livery…here's my quickie fave:
http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/Inventory Images/68RW F8F-2 Bearcat Images/68RW LARGE Images/68RW Blue-Angel_lrg.jpg

Yeah - just saw that - holy crap what an F'up.... Jeez - dork move.