• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubano

Is there a specific language that could give me the 'upper hand' in a selection for the USNA. Im a Freshman, and if there is a language that could help me, then i would like to learn it. I already know spanish, and i assume that is common, but what others are good to have???

Thanks,
Cubano

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I am not sure that any specific language would give you the upper hand. Hmmm..Maybe Boatswains!

Dave

jrUSNA05

Unicorn NFO
None
No languages will help you actually get into USNA. However, the more you learn in high school the less you'll have to do here. You take a validation exam at the end of plebe summer and you can validate up to 4 semesters of a language which takes quite a load off and its half way to a minor if you want to do that. My advice would be to just learn something that you want to. Don't do something just because it looks good on an application.

RJ
USNA '05

Semper Fi!
Go Navy! Beat Army!

Cubano

Ok, sounds good... I'm taking Spanish and am in the Honor Program, so hopefully that will help. I also plan on spending a summer in Spain so maybe that will help also

Thanks,
Cubano

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
To be honest, I'd be more concerned with the highest levels of math and science you can take rather than multiple languages. AP Calc, Chem, Physics, etc not only look good on your application but will help you immensely Plebe Year should you get in.

Megan
SNA, USNA '02

Status
Not open for further replies.