• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lakes near Kingsville?

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
Since training has slowed down a bit lately for all of us in Phase I sims, I've been working at getting my boat back to a seaworthy status again in order to make the most of the free time I'm getting. Does anyone know of any lakes closer to Kingsville than, say, Lake CC? I'm looking for something that I can just float the boat in to do some waterborne checks, e.g. adjust shaft seals, etc, so it doesn't have to be anything big. I don't have a cooling system heat exchanger, so unfortunately salt water-- and even brackish, really-- is out of the question. Everything I've been able to find on Google Earth appears to be all dried up. Go figure.

Thanks for any insight!

donmagicjuan

pilot
Wow, that looks like it will work. Seems far enough upstream from the bay that salinity shouldn't be an issue, and it's half the distance to Mathis. Thanks!

BTW, has anyone successfully skied on that river?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Wow, that looks like it will work. Seems far enough upstream from the bay that salinity shouldn't be an issue, and it's half the distance to Mathis. Thanks!

BTW, has anyone successfully skied on that river?

I go by there about twice a month and I have only seen jetskis and the obligatory 25 person family sitting around drinking beer and trying to catch dinner.

donmagicjuan

pilot
Hmmm... Sounds like a recipe for some pretty exciting (read: dangerous) skiing. Perhaps I'll just schlep the family on up to Lake CC for an actual day on the water. This park can serve the immediate purpose at least.

On another note, is anyone around here an avid slalom skier? I'm interested in finding a course nearby, but I'm starting to think beggars can't be choosers.