• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

KRISS K10 Self Defense Weapon at Shot Show 2011

CAMike

None
Contributor
This would be a real possibility for pilot issue.....well maybe not realistically very soon but it's very small, and comes in 9, .40 and .45. This is the second weapon I've seen recently to adopt the barrel below or near horizontal trigger level to reduce recoil. If the Chiappa Rhino 200 pistol ever gets on the "CA Roster of Handguns" http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ I'll take one.

Interesting tool none the less.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/kriss-sub-machinegun-ready-for-prime-time/

It's nice to see the engineers do things differently.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
God bless those shady swiss bastards. They make some kickass weapons. What are their gun laws like? I may be interested in immigrating.

Edit: Nevermind. Googled swiss gun laws. Looks like I'm immigrating!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Don't they have compulsory military service, with people required to keep and train with their issued rifles for X number of years?

The weapon looks interesting. I might be intrigued enough, depending on price, to pick up a semi version to shoot 3 gun with.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've been watching Kel-tec lately. I have concerns about materials and QA, but they are hands down some of the more innovative SOBs in teh market. I've heard some very good things about the RFB18, and im interested. But I'm reluctant to drop 2kish on It, until they've been broken in a bit. The problem is that they're fairly scarce, so I haven't seen any firsthand reviews of them.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Wouldn't that mass traveling up and down screw up POA? I suppose it's theoretically possible to mechanize it such that the down vector of the mass is the same as the up vector of the muzzle rise...but that vector has a lot to do with the shooter.

I'd like to see it in action.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Wouldn't that mass traveling up and down screw up POA? I suppose it's theoretically possible to mechanize it such that the down vector of the mass is the same as the up vector of the muzzle rise...but that vector has a lot to do with the shooter.

I'd like to see it in action.

Kinda my thoughts as well when I look at it from an engineering perspective. They cant be the first people to think about transferring the recoil energy down the Z Axis (up and down). I just imagine anything beyond a three-ish round burst being sprayed all over the place. Now, obviously it's not meant to reach out at 100yds, but a concern no doubt.

Oh, and the Swiss? Awesome. Here's why no one invades Switzerland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Wiki said:
The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule (German for "recruit school"), the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home with a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 mm / 48 rounds 9mm), which is sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use takes place.[3] The ammunition are intended for use while traveling to the army barracks in case of invasion.
When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner. The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Im not up to speed on the "vertical bolt" that they use either. Anyone who can explain the mechanism- it would be appreciated.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
There's a cutaway in the video...looks like a simple lever-and-pivot system with a weight to me.