• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville or Meridian?

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
For Jet Jocks ... here's the choices in order of preference:

1. Pensacola

2. Beeville

3. Kingsville

4. Meridian

If any of the above are not available due to the political vagaries of the day and/or downsizing of the moment ... go with what's left

Well that only leaves Kingsville and Meridian. If you like trees go to Meridian. It's flat and boring down in south texas. The beach is close but it's crappy compared to Pensacola area. And as far as A's or C's... The word on the street is that alphas will make you a better ball flier because you actually have to fly the ball. Charlie guys learn to use the velocity vector too much. That and they have a semi GPS thing. It makes life a little easier. So alpha's make you do more old school, where this spot on a map and tacan point to point kinda deals, and will also help you learn to fly a better ball. Charlies will help you learn to fly the same gauges that you'll see in a Hornet. Is there more to it than that sure there might be. That's just what this young guy in training hears and learns down in Kingsville.

Put in a preference if you can. It doesn't really matter. You'll be flying jets and if that what you want to do then every day that you fly you'll love it no matter where you're at.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
The word on the street is that alphas will make you a better ball flier because you actually have to fly the ball.

I believe that is probably true in the long run. Think about it: If you get to do CQ's and the boat twice you should be a better ball flyer in the end. And Alpha flyers have always had a better chance of doing that.

HuggyU2

None
A4s,
They converted Beeville into a prison back in the early 90's. I think it's labeled as such on the Sectional Chart.
But at least the TA-4J is still parked in front of Beeville City Hall.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s,
They converted Beeville into a prison back in the early 90's. I think it's labeled as such on the Sectional Chart.

*sniff* ... tell me about it, was down there in 2005, knew BRAC had eaten it, but still .... :icon_cryi... *sniff* ... and the TA-4 is actually an A-4B :icon_cryi ... but who's counting ... *sniff* :icon_cryi

No Country for Old Men:

texas0441ey3.jpg

texas019smallqc7.jpg

photos by A4sForever

HuggyU2

None
Now how did I know that you'd somehow have a picture of that jet??
My folks are from Laredo, and I drove through Beeville lots, going from Houston to Laredo as a kid to visit grandparents.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Any reason?
You would have to travel to Meridian to check up on a rental property occasionally. It is just not the best business decision. Having rental properties contrated in a smaller area, decreases your expenses for having to travel and visit and maintain, etc. Plus, Meridian is not exactly a budding metropolis of appreciating property. (although the Chilis we are getting might help.)

wstcoaster07

Plus, Meridian is not exactly a budding metropolis of appreciating property. (although the Chilis we are getting might help.)

I figure that if i can get a 3bdrm mortgage for under 1200 a month it should not be impossible to find 2 roommates for only 400 a month seeing as a new batch of pilots come in for 6+months at a time. That is the hope at least.

and come on, chilis is KNOWN to turn places in to booming metro areas :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll be impressed with Meridian when the tallest building in town (and the only quasi-skyscraper) is no longer vacant and abandoned . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You would have to travel to Meridian to check up on a rental property occasionally.....
AND ... you might have to rent to locals. I would suggest you eschew renting to folks who are missing their front teeth and are in possession of children with facial hair.... :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A4s,

Indeed. Flew over the prison a couple nights ago.... lit up like a Christmas tree. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Indeed. Flew over the prison a couple nights ago.... lit up like a Christmas tree. :)

Years ago ... the lights you saw would have been the poolside bar on the other side of the Club, a.k.a. the Animal Bar. Brave women attend at your own risk!!!

Plus ... Beeville was always a "prison" ... they just wouldn't admit it back then ... :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Years ago ... the lights you saw would have been the poolside bar on the other side of the Club, a.k.a. the Animal Bar. Brave women attend at your own risk!!!

Plus ... Beeville was always a "prison" ... they just wouldn't admit it back then ... :)

A4s, are you the first to reach 100 rep power? Is this some sort of AW record? Time for drinking? :party_125

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s, are you the first to reach 100 rep power? Is this some sort of AW record? Time for drinking? :party_125
I dunno ... but I guess we'll have to institute an Air Warriors Centurion Patch in any case, yea-as ??? :)

Time for drinking? I'll make time. Already drinkin' ... but thanks for thinking of me ... :icon_wink