• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville or Meridian

mjmiller05

ahh the GREEN golf course! (not the burnt brown grass of south texas!) :D

I'm in Kingsville right now halfway through phase I. If anyone is still reading this I want to emphasize two points that are facts.

1. If you are a serious golfer, which I know many of us are, you will hate Kingsville and I would advise going to Meridian.

2. You will get your wings faster in Kingsville than in Meridian. How much faster, I can't say for certain though. I estimate 2-4 months.

Everything else: location, climate, squadrons, attrition, grading, boat quals, A vs. C, is all opinion based...in my opinion (how's that for noncommital).

Finally, when we selected out of Corpus back in May, only about half of us got our choice about Kingsville or Meridian. The other half preferred one and got sent to the other. So, again, just like selection in general, you tell them what you want, they give you what they want. Best of luck and see what happens.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go play North Shore in Corpus. Greens fees are $28 w/ a military discount, or $90/mo membership. Beautiful golf course.

Of course, playing Ramey so many times, I actually improved my game somewhat.