• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville Gate Closed Today? Something big?

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Front gate was closed most of the day today w/ local/nat'l news crews and battle-dressed security EVERYWHERE. Any idea what was going on? (didn't stop me from knockin' out two x's though! haha)

MasterBates

No Clue. You use the North Gate?

I still don't understand why Krock has such insane security for a training base.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's probably the same thing that's starting up at Whiting. I'd guess it's a CNATRA (or bigger) wide thing. Lots o'drills because we're at THREATDEFTERRORCON ALPHA...like we've been for the last 6 years. I'm sure somebody somewhere has some info saying it's warranted, but me, I just get held up in the slalom course that is road barriers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Front gate was closed most of the day today .......
Which gate?? This gate??

Please note which training A/C is 'airborne' and leading the way .... :)

texas058ym7.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
There was a little blurb about it on the local news tonight. Something about a working dog getting a hit on a government vehicle ... that was really all they said.

MasterBates

Oh, and there is a cat that lives in the T-45

Spooked the shit out of me one night when I stopped there to stretch on a run.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
There was a little blurb about it on the local news tonight. Something about a working dog getting a hit on a government vehicle ... that was really all they said.

Been looking for it online (Corpus and local news) but can't find anything about it.... oh well....

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Been looking for it online (Corpus and local news) but can't find anything about it.... oh well....
Weird ... I looked too on the local NBC website where I saw the thing and got nothing as well ...

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
Whoah! I Macflight through there all the time.

The Kingsville security detail was probably just something to put down the ensuing rioting SNAs after TIMS was recently stood up.