• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville commute

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvertonHooligan

E-6 Heavy driver
-21, -22 SNAs/IPs,

Anybody do the commute from Corpus on the highway? I've heard varying times to get back and forth, what's the real deal? I've got to live in west Corpus... need the wife to make me some money in the city. (Take that anyway you want)

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
About 40 minutes. But that was on a Sunday afternoon, from mid-Corpus with zero traffic and accidents. You have to slow down 2-3 times passing through little "towns" or whatever you want to call them.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take Chapman Ranch (weber or staples to CRR). It'll spit you out on 77 a little North of K-rock in Bishop (~12 miles away). From there is just S down 77 to the street north of Gen Cavasos (forgot what its called.... military hwy or something) take a left and that leads to the main gate. The north gate is open sometimes, but it has weird hours. Doin' about 80 the whole way on CR takes you about 30 minutes or so. It's a dull drive, but there are almost never cops, so you can pretty much go as fast as you feel ok with.

At least you get to live in Corpus as an IP...us studs are forced to live on the rock. :)

petescheu

I think 30 mins might be a little generous; I'd call it 45 or so depending on where you're gonna live.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
squeeze has it right, great way to get there through Chapman Ranch. I used to hit that road all the time to head to the valley and i've seen a cop there maybe twice. The only time to slow down is to pass slow pokes and hay and farm trucks. Still you miss Joe Cottons..yum

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
shoo24 said:
I think 30 mins might be a little generous; I'd call it 45 or so depending on where you're gonna live.

note: must sustain 80mph or greater to make 30min :)
I qualified that.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
80+ on that road is easy breezy, especially with the Camaro i remember Squeeze having

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
80+ on that road is easy breezy, especially with the Camaro i remember Squeeze having

ah...no longer.. I bought a more "practical" (shudder) lieutenant-mobile

EvertonHooligan

E-6 Heavy driver
Thanks, fellas.

I plan on living on the VERY WEST edge of town off Staples. Hopefully, the drive will be short... thanks for the head's up.

SNAs: Not surprised they're making you stay in the Q. Same thing happened to my friends back 5 years ago. "Make new Q, force people to live in it"

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EvertonHooligan said:
SNAs: Not surprised they're making you stay in the Q. Same thing happened to my friends back 5 years ago. "Make new Q, force people to live in it"

no, not the Q.... "the rock" just implies "K-rock" aka Kingsville. being made to live in the Q would be one of the few things that could make Kingsville suck more.

Status
Not open for further replies.