• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Killing Pablo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

I'm posting this because I know from earlier posts that there are a lot of Marc Bowden (Blackhawk Down) fans on this site! Bowden is staff writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer and ads for his new series have been running in my area. It's about Columbian drug lord Pablo Escobar and how US spies and military forces, including Delta Force, were used to bring him down. Knowing the success of his earlier articles, you can expect this one to be printed as a book soon too.

You can check out the series here...http://www.killingpablo.com

D

Dave Shutter

quote: Knowing the success of his earlier articles, you can expect this one to be printed as a book soon too.

Book my ass! Skip the publisher and go directly to Hollywood: from DoneDeal@scriptsales.com's daily sales page...

quote:
Title: Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw
Log Line: Follows the hunt for late Colombian drug kingpin Pablo Escobar.
Writer: Mark Bowden
Agent: ICM
Buyer: Miracle Entertainment
Price: Seven figures
Genre: Drama
Logged: 5/4/01
More: To be adapted from Bowden's just published book, in which he will write the first draft of. Gregory Nava will direct and produce with Antonio Banderas.

There's so much heat in Hollywood right now about the "BlackHawk Down" movie that this sale was pretty inevitable if you ask me. BUZZ/heat/press will get a writer sold faster than all the talent in the world, but it's okay, Marc Bowden's a pretty talented MoFo to boot.

BTW: Check the dates; I had to dig WAAAAY back to find this original post!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/04/2001 13:44:18

Status
Not open for further replies.