• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

KC-130 Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggy

EA-6
You can get more information on the locations off of the usmc.mil site or Herk Headquarters (spectrumwd.com/c130), but here's the run down:
VMGR-152 Okinawa
VMGR-252 and VMGRT-253 Cherry Pt, NC
VMGR-352 Miramar, CA
VMGR-234 Ft Worth, TX
VMGR-452 Stewart, NY

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Those last two are reserve bases, so don't count on getting those out of flt school.

Phrogs phorever

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So are these pilots looked "down" upon because they fly big birds

EA6-Marines don't look down upon other Marines. We have the Navy and the Air Farce to fill that billet. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

Frumby is correct, neither the AF nor the Navy has any problems looking down on marines.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I sense this friendly but strange relationship between frumby and ghost?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

ghost_ttu

I'm friendly, he's strange, and he is scared of me so he accepts me attacking him. (or something like that)

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

tali264

ghost is free to say these things because he isn't within frumby's reaching distance right now. If he were, ghost would be running!!!

ghost_ttu

It would take way too long for that tall marine to reach down and grab me, I'm much too quick for him!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm anxious to see Frumby's reply. HaHa.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Piggy

As far as the Reserve squadrons go, we do send 2-4 guys per year to them from here (the FRS) as first tour guys. It's not the norm, but they need fresh meat there, as well. And, if you think about it, as a copilot, that's a great learning environment. You're flying with guys who have between 2000-4000 military hours, plus an extra several thousand or so hours flying heavy metal. And as weird as it sounds, our newest and most capable aircraft are in the reserve squadrons. Some great aviation knowledge in those hangars. And they also do as much real world stuff as the active duty squadrons do.

Semper Fly,

Piggy

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good info Piggy. Thanks. How long does it take for someone to get 2000 military hours in years? I know that it depends on a lot, but just guesstimate. Thanks

Maverick: "Slider... (sniff sniff)... you stink."
- Lt. Pete Mitchell, Top Gun -

Status
Not open for further replies.