• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmyson

OC Radioactive Man
For those that have been through OCS, how many people report to OCS without ever seeing this site or the OCS website?

Or how about people that don't have the BIG 4 memorized or aren't in shape? Talking to my recruiter the other day, he told me about a guy that went a few months ago and couldn't even finish the in-PRT run.

Just wondering if there are always a couple guys that are completely clueless upon checking in, or if everyone is pretty much placed on an "even playing field" at the start.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
From my OCS experience, most of us had no idea there was a website called "Airwarriors". We still made it through.

Incedentally, the memorized "gouge" from the spiral book I got from my recruiter was not quite right. Just go to OCS and make it through. Notta very big deal...

Dig around in the site for more OCS gouge. I'ts out there, but not particularly useful...just funny...

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
Everything you need to know should "theoretically" be on the online courses site. Of courses since its so new it has yet to be tested at OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
There's always going to be a couple of people who show up out of shape. Having the big 4 memorized isn't required, because you'll get it beat into your head while you're there. But when people show up out of shape it wants to make you just shake your head in disgust (one girl rolled into our class after 5 weeks of not being able to pass the in-1.5 mile, then rolled out 8 days later)

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I wasn't Navy OC. . .

Obviously, but like people have already pointed out, there are a bunch of folks who went to OCS and made it without great sites like this and other great gouge sources.

It doesn't matter how much gouge you receive, thorough or otherwise, you have to do it to findout, whether the candidate is gouge filled or not. Some folks do well w/o the gouge, and some folks don't WITH all the gouge in the world and vice versa. ;)

Whatever basic knowledge your officer ascension recruiter gives should be enough.

Now I'm not saying go there with the bare minimum, HELL NO. Whatever info you get is obviously going to benefit you. I'm just saying some folks have done real well without gouge before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.