• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just took the ASTB

Dougemd

Hey Guys,

Thanks to everyone here for all the links and info. I got a 7,7,6 and a 63. I've decided to go Marines. Here's what little knowledge I can hopefully pass on to others taking the test:

The Computer Based test was very intuitive and easy to use. Well except I kept getting a MS Windows update warning to restart the computer or do it later every 5 minutes during my test. But, hey it was a good way to keep track of time right? You can mark questions and jump around during the test. You get a 15 minute piss break after the Mechanical Section and before the Spatial Reasoning Section. This was 5 minutes for me since I had to run back and click the don't restart button.

The Arco Flight Study Guide was good only for the spatial reasoning. The ones in the study guide were much more vague about pitch than the ones I encoutered during the actual exam. Meaning that horizon was much more up or down on the page representing the pitch of the airplane.

Definitely pick up a flight manual from the FAA and give that a good read. Really helps out with the trivia...I mean ANT. Also, learn some Naval History, as many three letter acronyms as humanly possible, nicknames for aircraft & ships, and read a basic boaters manual. Also, learn about how planes/boats avoid collisions, overtake, etc..Also, learn about the lighting at airports. Most of this was covered in the gouges so I'll stop blabing. Ohh yeah, learn radio frequencies too. I was wearing a WTF on my face during of few of those.

I recommend picking up an extra Mechanical study guide. They have a good review of basics physics and mechanics that I haven't seen since highschool. Electricity V=IR that's it.

Good luck to everyone that is going to take it and thanks to everyone who assembled and passed on info on this board.