• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just took ASTB...Competitive Package?

Vector

First off I want to say hi to everyone here (as this is my first post) and thanks for all the info that I've gotten off of this forum from other people's posts so far.
Anyway, I've waited to contract for aviation until I could take the ASTB again, and I just took it today.

I got a 8/7/7 and 68 OAR. My PFT is around 272 and my college GPA was 3.2 with a degree in physics.
Most of my references are college administrative officials (Vice Chancelors and Deans with PhD's in their titles), but I don't have any prior military references.

My OSO says I should be a shoe-in for an June/October '07 slot, and the Major in charge of south-eastern Marine officer recruiting was there today and really likes my package.

Does this sound like a strong enough package to get a Marine aviation slot? I could retake the PFT and possible score a 280 now, but I just recently injured my shoulder and should probably stay off it for the next week or so. I will, however, retake the PFT if the extra few points will make a significant difference in selection. Also, how important are military references?
Any feedback is appreciated...thanks in advance.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I think so. Your stats are very similar to mine. 8/8/8 67. PFT 285. GPA 3.1.

My OSO said he didn't think I'd have any problem whatsoever getting selected. Just waiting to be released from the Army as I was previously in Army ROTC. Working on my Masters in the meantime.