• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just saying hello

Redbird5

I've just joined the forum. I'm awaiting news whether I'm in the naval reserves or not. Training up to pass the PT exam. I'm a civil engineer and I'm told I'll probably be with the Seabees. I see mentioned that the Seabees do a variety of tasks. I'm told that as a reservist I won't be doing design work but management. I've got the years and experience for this besides. I can't wait to hear. That's all, just introducing myself.

Redbird5

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome aboard!

All welcome! Where would we be down range without the Seabees?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
If you like building stuff, you'll love the Seabees. Maybe even "especially" the reserves. We had reserve Seabees at Al Jaber and watching them build tons of facilities from piles of lumber was truly amazing. The Home Depot do-it-yourself-er in me was really jealous! Good luck.

You went for the CEC, right? Yes, you would be placed with the Seabees as a vast majority of Reserve CEC Officers are with the Seabees. The Seabees are augmented heavily through the Reserve and you will find this line of work to be incredibly rewarding along with an incredible amount of work. I'm glad to see that you are getting ready for the PT exam. Good. If there is one thing I cannot stress enough.....Do not be a bag of ass in front of your troops. Work hard to be in better shape than all of your troops and always have your uniform in good repair. We are expected to do two things...build and fight. Reserve Seabees augment the AD folks and also deploy on their own. You will find out that you will spend a majority of your Drill weekend taking care of admin and medical issues, along with trying to get field training, weapon shooting and other items in as well. My 2-weeks next year will be spent in CA for my CEC basic officer course and a Battalion Field Exercise, which is spent completely out in the field doing build projects under fire, defensive/weapons training and other nice warfare/wilderness things. Its busy and you will be doing plenty of work outside of the drill weekend. You will be a bit overwhelmed at first, trust your Chiefs.

Do you have your PE yet?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We have SeaBees here in Fifth Fleet doing some real work on the front lines. They are an integral part of our effort in Iraq.
Good luck.

snort

Banned
Welcome aboard, Redbird5, and good luck.

Sounds like you'll be an asset to the Navy. Hope you get your promised assignment.