• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just graduated OCS, AMA

SBeaty

I will offer the current gouge, but if you’re months away from heading to Newport, covid-related gouge is highly subject to change!
#OCS #SNFO #StudentPool

luckynumbr27

1. Is the 2 vaccinated guests for graduation rule still in effect?

2. Did you complete NAMI there in Newport and if so, how was it?

3. How long do they have you a set up for OHARP before check in at Pensacola?

Thanks in advance for passing on word!

SBeaty

1. Is the 2 vaccinated guests for graduation rule still in effect?

2. Did you complete NAMI there in Newport and if so, how was it?

3. How long do they have you a set up for OHARP before check in at Pensacola?

Thanks in advance for passing on word!
The amount of guests allowed has been fluctuating between classes a bit. Yes, they must be fully immunized. I wouldn't count on more than 2, but for now they haven't cancelled in-person graduations.

NAMI usually takes a hot minute, especially if you have more than 1 or 2 referrals. Either way you are going to end up in student pool; that's just the way it goes here these days. Whether you are in SP 1 day or 3 months is dependent on each person's medical situation. They are currently getting additional medical staff for the flight doc, so things may flow a little faster. May.

OHARP is currently optional, and you sign up for it during Candio phase. From the people I know that are doing it, it is random what you will be doing at the command.

luckynumbr27

The amount of guests allowed has been fluctuating between classes a bit. Yes, they must be fully immunized. I wouldn't count on more than 2, but for now they haven't cancelled in-person graduations.

NAMI usually takes a hot minute, especially if you have more than 1 or 2 referrals. Either way you are going to end up in student pool; that's just the way it goes here these days. Whether you are in SP 1 day or 3 months is dependent on each person's medical situation. They are currently getting additional medical staff for the flight doc, so things may flow a little faster. May.

OHARP is currently optional, and you sign up for it during Candio phase. From the people I know that are doing it, it is random what you will be doing at the command.
Great word man. I only have corrective eye surgery to get the okay on, but I know there’s always things they can find that you just never planned on being an issue. If you don’t volunteer for OHARP do you go straight to PCola?

SBeaty

Great word man. I only have corrective eye surgery to get the okay on, but I know there’s always things they can find that you just never planned on being an issue. If you don’t volunteer for OHARP do you go straight to PCola?
"There's always things they find that you just never planned on being an issue"
Abso-freaking-lutely!
Childhood asthma? Scoliosis? Allergy? Possible Anemia?
Unfortunately, quite a few people will be disqualified from flight for one non-waiverable thing or another. Then they have to play the long game of redesignating. If your desire to be a naval officer is greater than being a particular designator, its a temporary setback. Don't let anything break you down. It takes some mettle to get through this program. If you don't have mettle, you can definitely find it while you're here!

As for not doing OHARP...you will commission as soon as you're medically qualified. After that it's only a few days before your orders come in, and then you're out on the next flight, or as soon as possible if you drove!

jono

Congrats on finishing OCS! Are they doing allergy testing now? And I know this is a common question but I can't find a standard answer... are they still issuing running shoes for PT or can you bring your own?

SBeaty

Congrats on finishing OCS! Are they doing allergy testing now? And I know this is a common question but I can't find a standard answer... are they still issuing running shoes for PT or can you bring your own?
I assume they do the allergy test via the blood draw during check-in week. Other than that there is no test.

They don't issue running shoes anymore. Bring whatever you like, long as they are closed-toe and not 'minimalist', and make sure they are made for running. NEX and uniform store has some decent shoe and insole options. Color doesn't matter. We had one candidate here with some shiny gold go-fasters lol. Make sure you know what insoles you need. Don't want the boots destroying your feet.

jono

I assume they do the allergy test via the blood draw during check-in week. Other than that there is no test.

They don't issue running shoes anymore. Bring whatever you like, long as they are closed-toe and not 'minimalist', and make sure they are made for running. NEX and uniform store has some decent shoe and insole options. Color doesn't matter. We had one candidate here with some shiny gold go-fasters lol. Make sure you know what insoles you need. Don't want the boots destroying your feet.

Thank you for the info. Glad to hear we can use shoes/insoles that we choose. Best of luck at flight school when you get there!

luckynumbr27

I guess one last question lol, my buddy that went through a couple years ago said he never got a chest X-ray and a few other things that are usually part of the NAMI physical. Was that your experience or did you do all of that?

SBeaty

I guess one last question lol, my buddy that went through a couple years ago said he never got a chest X-ray and a few other things that are usually part of the NAMI physical. Was that your experience or did you do all of that?
I did two chest x-rays. The specialty physicals take place during week 1. Any additional appointments happen throughout training (and beyond if you are unlucky)

villo0692

don't really have anything medical that would worry, but I am expecting to be in the student pool for a bit. What do you do once you're in the SP? like how does a typical day go for you? any additional liberties?

Rayz551

Congrats! I have seen answers before but want to confirm currently. How is the swim test? Did you see people who can't swim be able to pass after doing some swim training in lieu of PT?

v/r

SBeaty

don't really have anything medical that would worry, but I am expecting to be in the student pool for a bit. What do you do once you're in the SP? like how does a typical day go for you? any additional liberties?
SP just kind of hangs out. We do sweepers, we muster everyday, do one of the assigned jobs that support OTCN if we have one. Other than that you are free to do what you wish, as long as you make good choices. Just can't leave the base on liberty currently. Have to take leave in that case.

villo0692

SP just kind of hangs out. We do sweepers, we muster everyday, do one of the assigned jobs that support OTCN if we have one. Other than that you are free to do what you wish, as long as you make good choices. Just can't leave the base on liberty currently. Have to take leave in that case.
thanks brother, I appreciate it the info, congrats btw, see you at Pcola