• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Juggling BDCP and grad dates

BoltsFan619

First and foremost, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you on the forum. I am a 20 year old student at the California Maritime Academy and have a 2.97 GPA in my major (int'l business/logistics). I am a hybrid sophomore/junior due to transfer credits. I am torn between applying for the BDCP and stretching my classes out to graduate on a later date with the opportunity to raise my GPA or cramming for three more semesters to graduate on time while taking ~20 units per semester and risking an even more mediocre GPA/not applying for the BDCP. Funding is the major factor in these decisions, so these are my only two option.

I have yet to speak to a recruiter, and thought I would give this forum a chance to give their non-biased opinions. I would apply for the supply sector to fully utilize what I learned in my major classes and feel that being in the supply corps would be an ideal fit. My second question is - does anyone have any kind of statistics regarding how many applicants are accepted into sector (i.e. supply, special ops, etc)? Thank you in advnce, and happy holidays once again.

navy09

None
Check out the 'Post Your Stats' threads to get an idea of what everyone else is getting picked up with. Navy doesn't really care what your major GPA is, only what your overall cumulative is.

As far as I know, they don't release very detailed stats. If you don't apply, you have a 0% chance.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Graduating college in 4 years is like leaving the party at 2200 hrs. At least that's what my friends keep telling me. I'd try to stretch out the classes, or at least plan the degree completion form that way when you submit your OCS app. If you are accepted into the BDCP, $ shouldn't be such an issue.

I don't think there are any official statistics on % accepted, but if you search the forum you may get an idea of your chances based on the qualifications and acceptance of others.

Lobster

Graduating college in 4 years is like leaving the party at 2200 hrs

But if you are accepted into BDCP you unfortunately do have to leave the party at 2200 like the rest of us. (Good line by the way :p). Whatever date you submit to them is the date you have to be done by, no if's, and's, or but's. Best of luck.