• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JPME Electives

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
Hey All,

What's the gouge on the easy to take Naval War College online electives for JPME-I? If not easy, what are some that are worth the effort because they are enjoyable?

I'm thinking of transitioning to FAO eventually, so that may play a factor in which ones I should do too.

BigRed389

None
Hey All,

What's the gouge on the easy to take Naval War College online electives for JPME-I? If not easy, what are some that are worth the effort because they are enjoyable?

I'm thinking of transitioning to FAO eventually, so that may play a factor in which ones I should do too.

You mean the electives that lead to the NWC Master's (and includes JPME) or just the classes for JPME 1? You don't need the electives if you're just doing JPME.

I'd contact the NWC Distance Learning staff, they were pretty responsive. Basically, if you're looking to do Fleet Seminar (night classes offered at most Navy duty stations), you can credit the JPME classes to a NWC Master's. But you'll need some electives, and realistically you'll need to take a class or two outside the NWC online umbrella.

For just JPME, Web-Enabled is probably the easiest. Everyone says AF is the shortest/easiest way, but IIRC you have to be an O-4 or O-4 Sel.

Renegade One

None
No threadjack intended, but is the whole FAO thing still alive and well? I know the services tend to dance around bright, shiny objects from time to time…and just wonder if this one is still in vogue…

I'd be happy if it was.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
IF you need to take electives, and you're interested in FAO, I might then look at taking electives relevant to the region you'd like to serve.

Fins Out

Anybody have success with registering for the AF distance learning JPME lately? All the old trusted links appear to go nowhere for me. Would appreciate a working link if able.

Regarding FAO, here is a great ALNAV from SECNAV endorsing the program,

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/ALNAVS/ALN2013/ALN13017.txt

Cheers.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/acsc/DistanceLearning/distance-learning_pg1.asp

I'd recommend sending them an email requesting enrollment. As you posted above, the old links are busted. Make sure you sign up for the Air Command and Staff College version (ACSC) as that's the only one that counts towards JPME 1 credit.

The Air Force distance learning was recommended to me by multiple people and I liked the format. It's all done online through Blackboard. Assignments range from readings, to online simulations, to short papers.