• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joint Strike Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimphil

PBS is airing a show Tuesday, February 4 called "The Battle of the X-Planes" on NOVA. It will be about the competition between Boeing and McDonnell-Douglas for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) contract. Here's your chance to see what may become the most prolific Western fighter jet ever made.

While the Navy, Air Force, Marines and the Royal Navy will have the JSF, I put this topic with the USMC because I believe that it will benefit the most from the JSF. For the first time ever, the USMC will be able to deploy a fully formed, strike fighter from an amphibious assault carrier. Plus, the JSF will make up for the "disadvantages" of the Harrier. Let's just pray that it doesn't get cancelled.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/xplanes/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

farkle84

that was a great special. its going to be spectacular when they actually come into service and ready for combat

The Wiz

If you want a great book to read about the production of aircraft read Skunk Works, it talks about the development of the U-2, SR-71, F117-A, you get to peer into the famous world of Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works

"for He today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother" Henry V

jwilliamsee

That was one of the coolest shows I have seen in a while. Thanks for the heads up. I turned down a very well paying job with boeing in 2000 as an electrical engineer...to fly of course. Was neat to see what was going on then in st. louis. I recorded it and watched it a again. very cool.

kimphil

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the special, I thought it was great too. I'm happy that the
F-35 won. The F-32 was just too damn ugly.
yuck_125.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.