• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Job Functions of NFO in F/A - 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newly accepted BDCP NFO (OCS Jan. 20, '06) and am wondering what are some of the current/future job funtions of NFO's in the F-18. I have heard that eventually electronic warfare(EA6B) and bombings(S3B) will be carried out by the SuperHornet. Also what are some things to do in order to hit the ground running once training begins?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Purdue Jones said:
I am a newly accepted BDCP NFO (OCS Jan. 20, '06) and am wondering what are some of the current/future job funtions of NFO's in the F-18. I have heard that eventually electronic warfare(EA6B) and bombings(S3B) will be carried out by the SuperHornet. Also what are some things to do in order to hit the ground running once training begins?
S-3s drop bombs? Really? I thought they were just my gas b!tches. ;)

Brett

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Check out this thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9550

F/A-18F WSO's will act a lot like D's plus some stuff that Tomcats do.

Hey Brett,
Those Hoover guys always got more traps (yo-yo tankers) and dropped more bombs on cruise than us (edited to annote that I am talking about the mighty "war station wagon" NOT the Navy's premier all-weather strike platform (Gone but not forgotten)). :icon_wink Of course, we didn't go "whoop, whoop, whoop" in the pattern.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
S-3s drop bombs? Really? I thought they were just my gas b!tches. ;)

Brett

How could you dare disparage the mighty War Hoover?! BTW, you gas b!tches in the near future will be FAG's (F-18E's), I wonder what they think of that :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.