• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN JO Apply

pascol1

Is JO apply specifically reserved for just SELRES? If I am in IRR, is it still possible for me to go onto JO apply to get into a community? Or do I have to go through an Officer Recruiter in Millington? I was told that once I do my mobilization in Africa, I will return back to the United States in a paid billet. Is this true? Has anyone seen this happen?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Unless something has changed recently, I believe JO Apply is behind a CAC login requirement, so as IRR, you wouldn't be able to get into it. Once you're on active duty for your MOB, you should be able to get in there. As for going back into a paid billet after your MOB, you'd have to talk to your unit/NOSC for specifics.

pascol1

I am currently a drilling reservist so I still have an active CAC card. My CO told me to just apply for the billets and see which ones take me. I even thought about calling up the Commanding Officers to introduce myself and see if I can secure a position.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That would be a smart idea. It's rare that networking in the Reserve world can be a bad idea.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CO's usually appreciate a call asking about a unit or billet, as long as the person isn't an idiot about it. At the very least you and the CO can get a good read if you would be a good fit.

subreservist

To the OP: Your posts are contradictory...in your 1st post you are asking about as an IRR member can you use JO apply. In your next post, you state you are a drilling reservist with a CAC, which means you are SELRES.

So, which is it? My thoughts are that if you are SELRES, you already have a unit/NOSC that can answer your JO apply questions, vice you asking them here.

Also, there is a Reserve section to the forum (which I know you are aware) to post these type of questions.

pascol1

I am in the VTU section. I do not get paid for showing up to the drills. I only get paid for the funerals.