• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets Jets Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4speed

Is there any benefit to going to the airforce bases for primary if I hope to get Jets? I don't care if it's harder, just if it gets me a better chance.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
seeing as you're not even in API, anything anyone says now is 100% useless come time for your selection.

you want the best shot at jets.... score perfect on every flight....get that 80+ NSS and be #1 when you select....even then you might not get a jet slot. needs of the navy are more important than your desires. wanna fly jets for sure? go to vance and fly the tweet. ya, it sucks for those who haven't selected, but thats SOP with the bungee-cord management of the navy.

mat

I'd go to Navy primary, as I did. At whiting there was plenty of free sim time. I took advantage of that and tore up inst training. I could do two to three practice sims a day and there was still plenty of time for others. Seeing how that inst grades are 1/3 to 1/2 of your NSS in primary it pays off. Also, far less stress and required time at base.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
People I know that came from the AF bases tend to have a HARD time with Navy style training. Not that it's a universal rule, it was just those dudes.

roger65

Morganism
For anybody that thinks that just becuase you go to Airforce primary you will get jets, it aint true! For example, there was a string of Ensigns coming thru here, Moody, that were all getting jets becuase they had the highest NSS thru this program. Well if the highest was a 50 then the next higest was a 51 and then you got jets. But now that the stick has been raised and the highest is 69, I gurantee you that you better be **** hot and get a better score if you wanna jet thru moody in this "jet drought"

petescheu

Yeah I was there when that was happening. It just happened that there were a lot of very good kids (acutally that got progressively better as the classes went on) that went through Moody at the time; it had nothing to do with them being at Moody or being in A/F training or anything else. If they had been in Navy training they probably would have gotten jets anyways, with the way the drops were working out at that time. It just happened that's who was there at the time and that's how good they were, or how hard they worked, or whatever you want to say it was. Last I checked it was a 66 that was the highest coming out of there, although I'm an 04-11er, so I'm old and grey by now. 69 sounds better anyways... so to speak.
Going to A/F training doesn't make one bit of difference from what I've seen... just work your butt off, that's about the only thing that will set you apart from everyone else.

thumper

Seriously, though. Here is the breakdown I gleaned off of Mozzy's computer when I checked in at Moody (last month):

25% Jets
15% E-2/C-2
10% P-3
5% E-6
45% Helo

I have no idea how this compares to Navy training commands.

wilsonator

sounds a lot like navy aircraft breakdown. go AF if you want to be miserable, if you want laid back go corpus, if you want fast go whiting. if you're good and lucky you'll get jets. no way to plan except to plan on working hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.