• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet Wait Time?

raddie

Howdy all. I'll be selecting out of primary soon in the coming months and I have not heard much gouge on what the wait times for the T45 are right now, in both Meridian and Kingsville. I know that the T45 was grounded for a bit a few months back but have never heard word about it since then. I had an extensive wait for primary here at Whiting and, in weighing my preferences, would like to hear what the current wait for intermediate is in the jet syllabus.

BOMR822

pilot
Currently at Kingsville. I can't speak for Meridian, but I would bet it is similar. I would expect months. Most people waiting are getting sent to SERE, so expect to do that during the wait.

Last edited:

RoarkJr.

could be very quick, or very long, but probably somewhere in between.

in all seriousness, probably at least 3 months

BOMR822

pilot
Hot gouge from K-vegas: wait times are significantly going back down. Normal classes resuming with greater student group sizes, student pool size going back to pre compressor-issue levels. New Charlie curriculum in place which is slightly shorter. More students able to select jets each week. Things are looking up for the 45.

HuggyU2

None
Just curious about those going thru the T-45 track who have Winged recently...
How long had you been on active duty on the day you were Winged?"

And how long was it after Winging before you began training at the RAG for your follow-on fleet aircraft?

bucka

pilot
Just curious about those going thru the T-45 track who have Winged recently...
How long had you been on active duty on the day you were Winged?"

And how long was it after Winging before you began training at the RAG for your follow-on fleet aircraft?
In 2019, after OBOGS delay: 4 years, 4 months, as a captain. Rag started a month later. On the board for O4 towards the end of the first fleet tour.

hookskip

pilot
If you want to fly jets, put it number 1 and worry about the current wait time when you check in. There have been so many delays with T45s in the recent past that you never know what could come along in the future. You could be lucky and start right away, or the fleet could end up grounded again for any number of issues that plague an aging airframe.

Keep working hard as you finish primary, and good luck on selection day!

P.S. Don’t be so eager to get through flight school, the fleet will still be there when you are done.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
If you liked aero and forms, put jets. If you liked the pattern, put E-2s. If you got airsick easily, put P-8s or E-6s. If you'd rather get out of flight school as fast as possible without PCSing, just go south field man. Wop Wop Gang is always hiring.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Howdy all. I'll be selecting out of primary soon in the coming months and I have not heard much gouge on what the wait times for the T45 are right now, in both Meridian and Kingsville. I know that the T45 was grounded for a bit a few months back but have never heard word about it since then. I had an extensive wait for primary here at Whiting and, in weighing my preferences, would like to hear what the current wait for intermediate is in the jet syllabus.

Do not preference platforms based on the wait for follow on training. It’s a few beans in the jar at the end of the day. Cheers and good luck with your selection.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
If you liked aero and forms, put jets. If you liked the pattern, put E-2s. If you got airsick easily, put P-8s or E-6s. If you'd rather get out of flight school as fast as possible without PCSing, just go south field man. Wop Wop Gang is always hiring.
As an E-6 NFO, I like to think that we have the strongest stomachs. After all, we are riding in a windowless airplane, ?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
As an E-6 NFO, I like to think that we have the strongest stomachs. After all, we are riding in a windowless airplane, ?
Honestly, your strong stomachs probably come from all of those exciting EPs those museum pieces throw you guys. I'm going through VT-31 with a retread who makes the T-44 seem like a spaceship compared to those things.