• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

NCCGT

Wanted to get a thread started for those targeting the December 2nd IWC Pro Board since I didn't see one while searching around the threads. It looks like all or at least some of the IWC boards for September were cancelled so this December board should be a little more intense.

alohse

🙋‍♀️ok, checking in since the RUMINT was confirmed by my recruiter: No board for Septemebr. December will be my second round.

sldm992

This will be my first board. Got a 39 on OAR, so I will be retaking it in a month. Unfortunately none of the material that I studied for the mechanics part of the exam was actually on the exam and I found myself guessing on some questions...

jhaselti

I am shooting for this board date currently, this will be my first, and hopefully only board. Going for CW/IP and have a background in Enterprise Network Engineering. Unfortunately im slightly too old at 35 for other communities or i might try swo too as being an officer is more important to me overall.

SRB138

27 years old.
AWR2 Naval Tactical Aircrewman (NAC/AW/SW). 5 years of service.
Bachelor's: The Ohio State University. Major: Security and Intelligence Studies. GPA: 3.5
Master's: Georgetown University. Major: Applied Intelligence (In-progress). GPA: 3.87
LORs: Two O-5s (former CO's) and One O-4 (OIC)
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-4, 2 O-3s.

Applying for INTEL/1830.

EM123

got denied for crypto today, hoping to get picked up on the intel portion

29YO
CTR1 (IW/SW) 6 years active
Evals: EP(ranked), EP(transfer), NOB, NOB, NOB
Bachelors: Political Science - Niagara University - 2.9 GPA
Masters: Strategic Intelligence - National Intelligence University - 3.4 GPA
OAR: 51
LORs: O-4 (XO), O-4 (Divo), Senator
Appraisals: 2 O-6s (1810/1830), 2 O-5s (1810/1830)
Applied: 1810 and 1830

Im guessing my NOBs and the fact that I was right at 6 years were part of the reason I wasn't selected for 1810. Hoping for better news then end of December.

NavyOffRec

got denied for crypto today, hoping to get picked up on the intel portion

29YO
CTR1 (IW/SW) 6 years active
Evals: EP(ranked), EP(transfer), NOB, NOB, NOB
Bachelors: Political Science - Niagara University - 2.9 GPA
Masters: Strategic Intelligence - National Intelligence University - 3.4 GPA
OAR: 51
LORs: O-4 (XO), O-4 (Divo), Senator
Appraisals: 2 O-6s (1810/1830), 2 O-5s (1810/1830)
Applied: 1810 and 1830

Im guessing my NOBs and the fact that I was right at 6 years were part of the reason I wasn't selected for 1810. Hoping for better news then end of December.
or your GPA being below the average of those selected.

TigerCompass

I'll hopefully be on this board and the November SWO board.

No prior service
Undergraduate: Management Information Systems (3.33 GPA)
Masters: Cybersecurity (in progress)
OAR: 54

I'm applying for IP/SWO/CW

CWO_change

or your GPA being below the average of those selected.
This. I've sat through briefs with the 1810 Community Manager. Being at 6 years enlisted isn't a deal breaker, and there are waivers even to get above certain limitations placed on priors with "x" amount of years who want to commission as 1810s. The OAR score doesn't even seem to be the deal breaker; a few points higher and the score would be "solid" per the brief I sat through, but this still doesn't seem to be the deal breaker. The GPA, on the other hand, is significantly lower than the typical successful applicant from what I recall.

The NOBs definitely don't help either, though.

sldm992

Package was submitted. 47 OAR, but got a waiver. 3.09 gpa, BS in security & intelligence, graduating next semester. I know my stats are different than the average selected, but I’m still confident. We will see what happens

TR_9124

Submitting my package by the end of the week, but throwing my package stats on here for reference/criticism/comparison:

28 Years Old
IS1 (IW/EXW/PJ) 9.5 years active
Multiple deployments with a JSOTF as an IS, intimately familiar with all aspects of the IWC as represented through my evals and LoRs
Bachelors: Homeland Security- 3.92 GPA
Masters: Intelligence Management - Just Started
OAR: 48
Appraisals: 3x O-6 1830's
LoRs: O-8 (1830), O-5 (O-6 select 1830) - Directly worked with both and received personal endorsements
Applying for: 1830 and 11605 (SWO-IW Option)

CowboyFan15

Being one of the INTEL applicant hold overs from the Sept board, this wait is excruciating. Each day just seems longer than the last. What you all doing to pass the time?
Over/Under on the results coming out before the holiday stand down ~ 20 Dec ...

sldm992

Being one of the INTEL applicant hold overs from the Sept board, this wait is excruciating. Each day just seems longer than the last. What you all doing to pass the time?
Over/Under on the results coming out before the holiday stand down ~ 20 Dec ...
School and life as usual...

NCCGT

Zero chance they release anything before the holidays. When I was still enlisted the office basically turned into a ghost town a week or so out from Christmas. On top of that, leadership loves holding their mandatory holiday trainings about safety and alcohol use over the holidays before everyone leaves base. I'd be shocked if you see anything before the second week of January.