• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this remotely possible?

lawilm

I was reading something earlier while doing some research on and unrelated topic that a Army 1st LT transferred to the USMC (An Apache Driver I understand). He was only required to complete TBS and apparently may be going rotary in USMC? I don't even want to consider the age requirements.

I want to call BS on that but you guys may have seen something this crazy?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I was reading something earlier while doing some research on and unrelated topic that a Army 1st LT transferred to the USMC (An Apache Driver I understand). He was only required to complete TBS and apparently may be going rotary in USMC? I don't even want to consider the age requirements.

I want to call BS on that but you guys may have seen something this crazy?

That sounds feasible to me. There was a guy I knew in NROTC who commissioned as a Navy dude, and several years later when I saw him at 'Hook, he was a Marine Hornet guy at Beaufort. This was well into a night of boozing so I don't remember for sure, but he either did TBS only, or he didn't do it at all. I know there were a number of guys in that timeframe ('06/'07ish) who went over to the green side after waiting for outrageous amounts of time in the Navy API pool.

lawilm

I mean, he is rated to fly rotary and I am sure its not a far jump to fly Cobras (mind you I know neither air frame well) if this guy is in his 30's or more I am guessing the age requirement doesn't matter too much as he is not your traditional "Student"?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Probably was never considered a student at all. If he already had wings on his chest things a quite a bit different.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Age requirements that get kicked around this forum do not apply to lat transfers. Best of my knowledge there are no age limits on lat transfers. The major reasons for age limits is the likelyhood a candidate will suuccesfuly complete the training program, whether OCS, or flight school. Navy stats suggested the older a guy is the more likely he will DOR. That isn't an issue with lat transfers.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i seem to recall a major in vmfa 232 in '69 who had transfered from the air force because he said he wanted to fly f-8's. i think he did and then he transitioned to phantoms. i doubt he went to TBS. most aviation contract lt's didn't go to TBS, either back then.