• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is my path to flying in the Navy “correct”? Tips?

EF_88T/A

Howdy y’all I’m 20 and currently taking three classes at my local community college and one next semester to transfer down to texas @ Letourneau university to get a professional pilot degree. I’m rocking all my classes but struggling with math. I understand that I might only need college algebra and trig to succeed. What other things should I focus on and what should I do once I’m down there? I’m chasing the dream of being Super Hornet pilot (or what ever we have by then) any help/guidance is much appreciated. Thank you!

flgator92

None
This has been asked a lot around here, but I'll answer again.

Pro-tip: study hard, do well in your classes, get involved in extracurricular activities (i.e., things that show service and leadership), and stay in good shape. Nobody will care if you flew a Cessna prior to the Navy. They will care about your ASTB scores/GPA/leadership experience/etc. I have squadron mates who never touched an aircraft prior to the Navy, and others who had their ATP before the Navy, and a lot of variation in between. Guess what!? They're all Rhino pilots or WSOs now. Point is: if you want to work on flying before the Navy, that's great. Understand that the Navy wants applicants who are morally, academically, and physically well-rounded, and you may learn to do things in a private flight training program that's contrary to what the Navy teaches and will have to "un-learn" bad habits at some point in Navy flight training. We do things differently because we conduct training evolutions and operational missions that are far and away different than simply being an airline pilot both in complexity and in the skills required. Hope that helps. Best of luck to you.