• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is my degree ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
I was reading through the navy.com site and it says I need a B.S./B.A. from an accredited school. Here is my question, my school lists my degree as a "Bachelor of Public Administration" is that ok or not? I am a Public Admin: Law Enforcement major and I graduate next fall. I am currently 24 years old so I am cutting it close age wise.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I worked for 4 years in the admissions/student relations part of the university I went to. We were told that the only 2 undergraduate options: A Bachelor of Arts in ______ or a Bachelor of Science in ______. I would suspect that your degree is a Bachelor of Science in Public Administration. It might just say a Bachelors of Pubilc Admin to distinguish itself from a Masters in Public Admin. I would go talk to your schools admissions office or your depertment head to find out exactly.

Good luck!!
EngineGirl

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I was a criminal justice major, same as your Admin Law i suspect. Helps me a lot too in the squadron (not), though I think they'll tap me for Legal-o later on - kill me now please.

fine major as any.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Sorry I was wrong. I went back and checked a few things. Most undergrad degrees are BA/BS, but there are others. You're degree should be fine though as long as you are from an accredited school. The best thing to do is just go talk to your recruiter. I would take a list of your classes and your degree description if I were you.

EngineGirl

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Well my recruiter is off on vacation and he is getting married so I cant call him. I guess i'll just wait it out till he gets back. But in related good news, I passed my FAA written for private pilot today, ill be doing the practical in about two weeks.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Is there only one recruiter in your office? There should be at least one other person you can talk to their. I know when my recruiter is on vacation, someone is always there to answer questions for him.

EngineGirl

Status
Not open for further replies.