• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IS GPA Everything at the Board/Your Opinion?

notacoverband

Thank you! While test taking is still a weakness of mine, in the last year of my college my tests started to improve and I definitely think I made excuses but there's no room for them anymore. I'm going to dig into resolving this somehow and figure out WHY I am not the best at them and then fix it. I certainly studied and enjoy studying so there must be somewhere else breaking down.

Oh, it went from 30 minutes to 18. I still have ways to go on the run and push ups, but I also learned its maybe not the best to attempt to sprint the entire mile and a half and I should just keep a steady jog.... The cons of training yourself off online research. You don't know what you don't know until you know you don't know it. I DID hit the minimum requirement for planks last night though, and I'm about 75% of the way to push ups. I am sure that by the time the March board comes around I'll be close enough that I would feel comfortable with my ability to meet the standards in time.

That does help to know. Overthinking is a con of mine... Thank god for the statement section.

That perfectly summarizes my college career. Thank you for your encouragement!
Lol no reputable running resource would ever encourage sprinting flat out for anything over 400m. As short as 1.5 is, it's still a mile and a half (if that makes sense)!! It's almost ALL about pacing. Improving PT can be taught, common sense, drive to succeed, ability to lead cannot. And everyone who has been knows : boot camp is not the Navy. If you think it is you will be sadly disappointed, but thankfully most aren't.

GhostlySeas

SWO Hopeful
I hope that guy wasn't your boyfriend after that conversation.

It is a great thing that you are losing weight and getting better at running, I would recommend that you try to get to 12 minutes for the 1.5 mile run, if anything you want to be consistently a few minutes faster than the minimum.

at the end of the day whether you are selected or not you are doing things to make yourself a healthier person and you will have shown yourself and others what you can do, so keep up the good work.

Sadly dated him through bootcamp til he cheated in A school. The dude is a clusterfuck. He blamed his ship crashing on me and thinks he's going to make it as a stand up comic in San Diego. Lmao.

Yeah, I feel so much healthier and everything is so much easier now! It also feels great being able to fit into cuter clothes. People also treat me nicer in general now that I'm averaged sized versus obese. It's quite interesting honestly.

Lol no reputable running resource would ever encourage sprinting flat out for anything over 400m. As short as 1.5 is, it's still a mile and a half (if that makes sense)!! It's almost ALL about pacing. Improving PT can be taught, common sense, drive to succeed, ability to lead cannot. And everyone who has been knows : boot camp is not the Navy. If you think it is you will b

e sadly disappointed, but thankfully most aren't.

Haha well luckily my PT is constantly improving and I don't think the Navy is like Bootcamp! I can assure you I will never attempt to sprint for a mile and a half again.

exNavyOffRec

Sadly dated him through bootcamp til he cheated in A school. The dude is a clusterfuck. He blamed his ship crashing on me and thinks he's going to make it as a stand up comic in San Diego. Lmao.

Yeah, I feel so much healthier and everything is so much easier now! It also feels great being able to fit into cuter clothes. People also treat me nicer in general now that I'm averaged sized versus obese. It's quite interesting honestly.

Unfortunately people will make quick judgements, a person came to work on our team for a year I guess and she was quite overweight, she is the nicest person and funny just all around great person it is unfortunate that people had made quick judgements about her, they don't know what they are missing, we are still good friends nearly 6 years later. I haven't seen her in person since COVID hit and she just told us all that since April she has lost 100 pounds and wants to lose 50 more, her motivation was different than yours the end result was the same.

Remember those who treated you well before you lost all that weight.