• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRR (VTU or ASP) To SELRES / IP

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Wanted to drop some gouge. O4 1825 undermanned at 86% but does not include FY20 promotions. They are seeing a lower amount of DCO applicants. There are vacant NAVET IP quotas and they are offering $10k lump sum bonuses with conditions. If you wanted to go from IRR (VTU or ASP) to SELRES this is a good opportunity.

Unfortunately, O4's do not have the same benefits as the O5/O6 crowd in going back and forth: O4's have to go through a NAVET recruiter.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

They are seeing a lower amount of DCO applicants.

Called this once the change to ODS was announced. Maybe the DCO boards will finally get rid of the "pertinent work experience" de facto nonsense requirement.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wanted to drop some gouge. O4 1825 undermanned at 86% but does not include FY20 promotions. They are seeing a lower amount of DCO applicants. There are vacant NAVET IP quotas and they are offering $10k lump sum bonuses with conditions. If you wanted to go from IRR (VTU or ASP) to SELRES this is a good opportunity.

Unfortunately, O4's do not have the same benefits as the O5/O6 crowd in going back and forth: O4's have to go through a NAVET recruiter.
Have a reference for this? Unless the 18XX community is doing something differently, I'm pretty sure there's no requirement to go through a recruiter to go from VTU to SELRES, regardless of rank. You just apply for orders via CMS-ID/JOAPPLY/APPLY. ASP is where they make you redo all the screenings. And IRR-ASP is basically not a thing anymore unless you're enlisted and haven't fulfilled your 8 year contract. My NOSC CO has been hammering over and over every DWE that no one will be recommended for retention in the ASP unless they haven't completed MSO yet, because PERS is shutting that pool of folks down.

snake020

Contributor

I can vouch for this as it's the route I took. The hardest part was getting through MEPS's admin; their lack of interest in processing my physical delayed my transition a year.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I can vouch for this as it's the route I took. The hardest part was getting through MEPS's admin; their lack of interest in processing my physical delayed my transition a year.
Were you ASP or VTU? VTU folks as you all know are up on medical/dental, etc. I assume it should not be a "big deal."

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Have a reference for this? Unless the 18XX community is doing something differently, I'm pretty sure there's no requirement to go through a recruiter to go from VTU to SELRES, regardless of rank. You just apply for orders via CMS-ID/JOAPPLY/APPLY. ASP is where they make you redo all the screenings. And IRR-ASP is basically not a thing anymore unless you're enlisted and haven't fulfilled your 8 year contract. My NOSC CO has been hammering over and over every DWE that no one will be recommended for retention in the ASP unless they haven't completed MSO yet, because PERS is shutting that pool of folks down.

MILPERSMAN 1300-010

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I do find this rather comical. I go to the VTU for 2 years and will get $10k to come back to SELRES. Who would have thought.

taxi1

pilot
So is it a good time to apply for DCO slots too? I haven't tracked the threads on that, but work where there is a pool of candidates.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I was ASP for a few years, hence the pain.
Ah... That would make sense then because you had to go through everything.

My assumption is that VTU to SELRES is easier because we have all requirements met, etc.. Will let you know.