• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRR Muster?

MasterBates

Me and another ex Navy guy I work with were surfing the interwebs while waiting on a jobsite for parts to arrive, and ran across the Terminal Lance comic about IRR muster.

As we have 3 and 4 years left in the IRR before we can totally resign, we were wondering what exactly that entails, and how you find out you are on the list.

NPC website is not playing well with the company laptops, so no help there.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
All I remember was being told you will be contacted for the muster and to keep your info current in deers(?). Not sure because I'm not IRR, but I would start by calling the CTO office, as painful as they are I think they would have the answer.

Edit: Here is a quick link I found on the FY11 muster, but at the bottom it has an email and phone number to reach an IRR counselor at PERS-9, give that one a try.

http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-N...NNELMGMT/IRR/Pages/MusterFY11Information.aspx

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
They sent me a letter by mail. I went, got paid and left. Seemed like a recruiting show more than anything else... Blah, blah Selres, blah, blah

Pugs

Back from the range
None
They sent me a letter by mail. I went, got paid and left. Seemed like a recruiting show more than anything else... Blah, blah Selres, blah, blah

Exactly. The first one was a couple months prior to me retiring and the second was a couple months after. When I go the second notice I called BUPERS and they said no problem, don't bother showing.

MasterBates

I'm just wondering WHERE.. Since I live 200 miles from the closest NOSC, and that's if I'm home (been home 9 days since December 3rd).

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
IIRC on the enlisted side we were called up once a year for the 4 years I was in the IRR. Mustered once in Seattle and 3 times in San Antonio always at the reserve center.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Threadjack: When I got commissioned, I started out in the IRR for Merchant Marine Reserve. I got into flight school and sent in my waiver for ADT on my first anniversary of my commission since I was in flight school. I got a letter back from New Orleans saying my MMR/IRR commitment was canceled since I took active duty orders.
Fast forward three years and I'm on my first cruise. I get a letter from New Orleans telling me that I have never completed any of my ADT for MMR so I face possible recall into the active duty forces of the military.
I tried to get switched over to the Air Force, but my Skipper said he wouldn't endore that letter to the MMR folks asking for a lateral transfer to the USAF.

Threadjack complete.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Threadjack complete.

I think I was about 25 1/2 years old when Selective Service sent me some urgent update-my-mailing-address form or other in the mail- to my mailing address at my primary squadron. ¿¿ :confused: ??

1) you can call the IRR counselor, listed on the BUPERS website if you're really worried about it.
2) They're basically just trying to recruit you back into the drilling reserves.
3) You do get paid, which is nice
4) Despite all the doom and gloom, they don't enforce any of their threats to activate/jail/whatever you if you don't make it.

So, my advice would be to call or email the BUPERS IRR counselor (be prepared for a worthless answer). Keep track of when you made that call to cover your own a$$. If you get asked to muster, go and take the money, if not then enjoy your Saturday 200 miles from the NOSC (I think they do it at the NOSC).

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Jim123,
I was discharged for 10 years, had a 10% service connected disability when I first encountered Selective Service. I was going to college and the day classes started, Financial Aid calls me in and tells me that my money is being held up because I don't have a Selective Service code. I was on active duty before I was required to register. It took me about 4 hours and a $50 phone bill before I found out that one was assigned to me upon discharge.