• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPhone wx apps

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Surprisingly, this hasn't been discussed here before (at least my search turned up nothing), but I've seen several classmates in advanced using iPhone apps for checking METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, and the like.

I'm looking through the app store right now, but I figured recommendations from you guys are better than someone's leet-filled review on the store.

So: what works for y'all?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Aeroweather; though all I use it for is looking up METAR/TAF's; the rest I use the web browser for.

I heard foreflight's a decent app, but that was coming from a CFII who got it for free. It's 74.99 for the rest of us..... meh

Flightplan's a neat whiz wheel substitute.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I use FlightPlan as well. I think it was like 5 bucks. It's nice and simple, and I can use it with one hand. It's got all the flight computer tasks you could want and you have access to all the TAFs and such. You can also save your TAF/METAR locations so you can get them quickly.

You can also use aviation.mobi (just type it into safari) and you get all the weather info you could want for free!